• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:17:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 306
Total: 306

Happy Sunday

Started by wsantia1, November 05, 2023, 10:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well. We are back on standard time here but I'm still on Kobe time so I got up at 2:30 am to give him his meds. huh It's ok because I'll get him used to the time change soon enough.

I woke up to 39 degree temps but we are warming up into the high 60s and we will even get up into the 70s one day this week. That is great weather for this time of year.

Today I are in football watching mode as I have 4 games worth watching on the tube. I have a TV in the fishroom so I can get my fishroom work done while I watch the games. Other than that I have nothing else on the agenda.

I'll check in on you all later. Have a great everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie!

Hope you can get Kobe's time change worked out soon I can't imagine getting up at 2:30am to give or even take meds!🤣 If I remember right, Liz gets up in the wee hours to take meds.

Tonight I'm totally worn out. I picked up Lawrence Kent Friday night after his 15 hour flight from Nairobi, Kenya to NY, then 5.5 hours to here. He was pretty tired. He'd been up 29 hours. Saturday morning we were up at6:30 to be at a riparian preserve with two naturalists to do some serious birding for four hours and a 2 mile walk. The new 2 year old  knee did well. The 76 year old knee was a tad sore. That was the longest walk/hike I've done in years!

Then we had lunch at the Horny Toad which is western type bar and grill and drove to another riparian preserve for another hour of birding. Easier walk. Back to home and Lawrence took a nap and we went to meet a few selected hobbyist for dinner and chat with the speaker. This morning was a slower start and we got to the meeting where he did a great talk on collecting fish in Africa. Lots of applause. About half way thru the auction we left to get him to the airport.

Now I'm in my recliner vegging and watching the last football games of the day after a delicious bowl of green chili chicken enchilada soup Lucy prepared.

Tomorrow is cardio rehab, and hopefully nothing else for the day but resting. That's all I got in me to write tonight folks. Goodnight!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, I poop out so early that I hit the sack around 8.  I wake up to take my drugs at 1am and let the dogs out for a last pee.  If it's warm enough to leave the doors open, the dogs go out when need one last pee till morning.  If all I do is have to take my drugs, they're right there on the night stand so I slug them down and fall right to sleep  It's a little harder to fall asleep again if I have to open the door and wait for the dogs.  They're all done and back inside except for old Big Head who gets up after his friends are already back in bed.  What helps is that I turn the heat down to 55 at night but with the bed toasty warm from the electric blanked it makes falling back to sleep easy... especially when Bruno gets under the covers and snuggles up next to me while Pearl does the same on my other side.  Not as good as a nice warm gentleman next to me, but pretty darned good.

I bet that Lawarence Ket slept for a solid 24 hrs when he got home.  Good to hear that you get to be semi-worthless so you can recover today.  Pain or not, I envy you being able to walk 2 miles.

Willie, I'm still on daylight saving time.  My wake/sleep pattern is connected to the sunlight.  I'm up when the sun comes in the bedroom window and start getting tired when the sun goes down, just like a cave woman would do.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 06, 2023, 03:14:52 PMRon, I poop out so early that I hit the sack around 8.  I wake up to take my drugs at 1am and let the dogs out for a last pee.  If it's warm enough to leave the doors open, the dogs go out when need one last pee till morning.  If all I do is have to take my drugs, they're right there on the night stand so I slug them down and fall right to sleep  It's a little harder to fall asleep again if I have to open the door and wait for the dogs.  They're all done and back inside except for old Big Head who gets up after his friends are already back in bed.  What helps is that I turn the heat down to 55 at night but with the bed toasty warm from the electric blanked it makes falling back to sleep easy... especially when Bruno gets under the covers and snuggles up next to me while Pearl does the same on my other side.  Not as good as a nice warm gentleman next to me, but pretty darned good.

I bet that Lawarence Ket slept for a solid 24 hrs when he got home.  Good to hear that you get to be semi-worthless so you can recover today.  Pain or not, I envy you being able to walk 2 miles.

Willie, I'm still on daylight saving time.  My wake/sleep pattern is connected to the sunlight.  I'm up when the sun comes in the bedroom window and start getting tired when the sun goes down, just like a cave woman would do.
I think you should change your avatar to a cave woman.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron