• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:02:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 307
Total: 307

Koi offspring pairing up...

Started by Mugwump, October 05, 2013, 05:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

LOL...I thought maybe they were gone now....but....half dozen ,or so, on a plant leaf...love it... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2013, 02:23:10 PM
LOL...I thought maybe they were gone now....but....half dozen ,or so, on a plant leaf...love it... ;D

It sure sounds like they are getting things together.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I swaer..she's 'Houdini'  ;D..I looked later and they were gone again...tried a magnifying glass..nada...when I was feeding the PM....they're on the dang sponge....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Two of my pairs (plats and mana x) have gotten real good at moving their eggs and fry around.  They both are doing a decent job of parent raising too. I find things are starting to move pretty fast around here with these spawns.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 09, 2013, 05:17:59 PM
Two of my pairs (plats and mana x) have gotten real good at moving their eggs and fry around.  They both are doing a decent job of parent raising too. I find things are starting to move pretty fast around here with these spawns.

It's a sign of pretty good parent raisers ;D...When I see Mark Huffman at the GCCA, I'm going to grab some more mid sized Anubias...those broad, thick leaves are perfect for them....even if potted....
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2013, 05:22:47 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on October 09, 2013, 05:17:59 PM

It's a sign of pretty good parent raisers ;D...When I see Mark Huffman at the GCCA, I'm going to grab some more mid sized Anubias...those broad, thick leaves are perfect for them....even if potted....

I picked up some at the swap.  The plats spawned on one after this mornings water change after previously spawning exclusively on the intake tube.  Those are great plants and they were cheap too.
Willie

Mugwump

'Houdini' and her mate have managed to raise about 6-8 fry and they're attempting to free swim. I'm really tickled...first pairing, first spawn, and actually doing most of it right in parent raising.  ;D Can't get much better than that....
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

b125killer

That's awesome Jon. I can hardly wait until my koi start to pair up. It will be sad to have to break them up. they look so pretty in the planted tank. I might have to take out the ones that don't pair up and give the 55 to the ones that do. They just make that tank pop with there bright orange.   
Scott