• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:40:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

Koi offspring pairing up...

Started by Mugwump, October 05, 2013, 05:54:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Well, on the best Koi line, the offspring are starting to pair up. I snagged this young couple out of the 55 with the others. Three hours later...boomba, they've spawned....sweeeeeeeeet ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Nice, You have some of the best koi I have seen around Jon.
Scott

ilroost

Mugwump

Thanks... ;D   I have at least one more female in there that's flirting....I need to make a place for her....I know, more tanks!!!!!.. :o ;D 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

lol. thats the reason i don't have angels. My wife would kill me if i set up more tanks. But with all the great angels you guy's have on here it is real hard not to

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 05, 2013, 05:54:57 PM
Well, on the best Koi line, the offspring are starting to pair up. I snagged this young couple out of the 55 with the others. Three hours later...boomba, they've spawned....sweeeeeeeeet ;D

That's great Jon. Those are some nice Koi. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

First full day passed. They had a few white eggs, and they're sucking them off, and tending...a very good sign...especially for their very first spawn each.... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Well I am still waiting for my Koi to do something. Maybe I'll move a couple around to other tanks to see if they like some of my other angels.  :-\ I hate to break them up because I really like the Koi.
Willie

Mugwump

Patience......I had em all together and waited for the little squabbles to start, then watched for the pairing off....
Jon

wsantia1

Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 07, 2013, 07:21:02 AM
OK, I'll be patient. LOL ;D

It's hard some times....LOL...you really want that spawn but the parents are at the beach.. ;D
Watch for the tubes....
Jon

Mugwump

We have wigglers, and a few are breaking loose....parents are doing a nice job of spitting them back on the slate....technique is lacking tho...LOL...spit a few on...knock some more loose with fin turbulence......repeat... ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 07, 2013, 05:22:23 AM
Patience......I had em all together and waited for the little squabbles to start, then watched for the pairing off....

I'll have to sneak up and watch them.  When they see me they stop what they are doing, line up side by side, shimmy and beg for food.  They are some greedy suckers. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 07, 2013, 08:52:11 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 07, 2013, 05:22:23 AM

I'll have to sneak up and watch them.  When they see me they stop what they are doing, line up side by side, shimmy and beg for food.  They are some greedy suckers. ;D ;D ;D

LOL..... ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Seems they're getting the hang of it now, most are lost, but they moved the rest to the top of the sponge....cool.... ;D....and first time for both ;D....
Jon