• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:04:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 309
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 307
Total: 308

Saturday it is!

Started by LizStreithorst, October 21, 2023, 09:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  Please don't worry about me.  I'm finally almost used to having no teeth.  I'm eating well.  Yesterday I ate 2 meals rather than just my normal 1.

This morning I woke up to about 200 fry attached to my best pair.  This has been a very long time coming.  I also have a spawn of Discus that are about 5 weeks right now.  They're coming along very nicely.  I have 4pl spawns of Black and gold rams growing out and a pair with wigglers.  Also my $1000. guy emailed and is finally ready for the 5 pairs I'm ready to sell.  See...I'm doing fine!

The only reason I can think of that it has been so hard for me to post is because the Cymbalta I'm on is primarially an antidepressant.  I no longer have high highs and low lows.  I'm not sure I like this emothionless life but I'll trade it for pain relief any day.

I've been waiting for the weather to turn cooler so I could order a culture of white worms.  While I was waiting I picked up a used wine cooler to keep them in.  The culture arrived Thursday.  It was exactly as advertised.  Big enough for 2 containers and ready to feed from.  I thought the Discus would go for them like they go for live blackworms but that was not the case.  My 5 week old Discus went right for them and picked them apart until they were gone, but my adults didn't go wild over them.  The rams have ignored them so far.  the rainbows will eat anything.

I may not have a fall garden this year.  The entire State is suffering from a terrible drought.  Combined with the freezes we had in Spring has been tough on everything growing.  I've had 2 big mature oaks die.  There are dead trees all along the internet.  The pretty plantings that Hattiesburg has put in their medians are all dead.  The farmers without irrigation are suffering.  It's very sad.

Willie, I had the nerve ablation after the shots didn't work.  Burning the nerves didn't help either.  The only thing that has worked for me is Cymbalta.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good to see you back here, Liz!

I'll be bagging and packing for the swap all day.

Stay healthy, friends.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good morning Liz, Ron and everyone. Liz it is great to have you back and I am especially happy that your Discus fry are doing well and that your Rams are following suit. I'm feeling good myself and my Discus are doing good as well.

Sadly, I now have no Angels for the first time since 2007. I put my last Angel down this morning after watching it waste away for a whole week. For now I'll just focus on the Discus which are doing well. I've had them for 7 months now and have had no losses since the one that jumped a few months ago. At this time I am not looking to restart the Angelfish again but I never say never.

Today is a typical fall day here with the wakeup temp at 47 degrees and going up to a high temp of 63F this afternoon. We are also getting light showers throughout the day but there will not be any significant rain for the rest of the day.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in with you all later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good afternoon everyone!  Sunny and cool, windy a bit, but a real nice Fall day.  It is kind of dry here too Liz, but not like you are having.  How sad for the loss of all the trees and plants.  Poor farmers!  Glad you have plenty of fish to raise and sell now. Good luck with them/

Willie, sorry to hear about your last angel dying. I know just how you feel.  Until a couple years ago I was never without angels.  My last batch was all Koi angels and though beautiful I think they were so highly inbred, they were never really very healthy. Most of them got the ugly black lip tumors which kept them from eating at the end.

Willie if you are ever down my way, stop by!  And I will visit you when I am up visiting my SIL in Gaithersburg.  How long a drive to your city from there?  YOu all have a good weekend, I am off to docent a house at Ghostwalk, today is 3rd and final day.  I have 11 of my garden club members as docents for our assigned house, where 5 ghosts entertain visitors who wait in lines to get their turn at watching.  I am the ghost introducer! This year the theme is 1920's.  Our ghosts are a judge presiding at the very rare 4 divorces in one day, each person has a very funny story to tell about why they want a divorce.  One man's wife sleeps with her chickens and thinks they are her children.  Divorce granted.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on October 21, 2023, 02:29:05 PMGood afternoon everyone!  Sunny and cool, windy a bit, but a real nice Fall day.  It is kind of dry here too Liz, but not like you are having.  How sad for the loss of all the trees and plants.  Poor farmers!  Glad you have plenty of fish to raise and sell now. Good luck with them/

Willie, sorry to hear about your last angel dying. I know just how you feel.  Until a couple years ago I was never without angels.  My last batch was all Koi angels and though beautiful I think they were so highly inbred, they were never really very healthy. Most of them got the ugly black lip tumors which kept them from eating at the end.

Willie if you are ever down my way, stop by!  And I will visit you when I am up visiting my SIL in Gaithersburg.  How long a drive to your city from there?  YOu all have a good weekend, I am off to docent a house at Ghostwalk, today is 3rd and final day.  I have 11 of my garden club members as docents for our assigned house, where 5 ghosts entertain visitors who wait in lines to get their turn at watching.  I am the ghost introducer! This year the theme is 1920's.  Our ghosts are a judge presiding at the very rare 4 divorces in one day, each person has a very funny story to tell about why they want a divorce.  One man's wife sleeps with her chickens and thinks they are her children.  Divorce granted.
Barb

Barb, I am only 2 hours max from Gaithersburg and I am in Silver Spring quite often and that is only between 15-30 minutes from there.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.