• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:54:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

A beautiful Friday

Started by BallAquatics, August 11, 2023, 05:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Looks to be another beautiful day here in central Ohio.  Currently 64F going up to 83F later.  Slight chance of rain this evening going up to less than a 50% chance for Saturday.

Heading out to my parents property to finish up the fence clearing project and mow the grass.  Knee looks really good.  Think I'll take out the stitches when I get back home today.

Here's hoping you all have a fantastic Friday!

wsantia1

Good morning Dennis and everyone. It is going to be a decent day here with the temps a little warmer and the humidity a little higher than the past few days. It is currently 69 degrees and going up to 86 with 97% humidity.

I have to catch up with my house cleaning because I have company coming in on Sunday. My carpet needs to be shampooed because with all of the rain that we've had Kobe and I have tracked in a lot of dirt into this house over the last few weeks. I really need to make a habit of taking my shoes off in the laundry room like I used to do a long time ago. huh

I wish you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends.  It seems like I've been gone forever.  Between my back, the terrible drugs I'm on, regular animal chores, cooking, doing my part as a mod on Simply, and this never-ending  oppressive heat, I have neither the energy or desire to talk to you all. 

Just 19 more days till the pain doctor, but I decided I would call the other legit pain clinic in Hattiesburg today and beg for an earlier appointment, rather than get a referral from my current pain clinic.  I'm hoping that if I tell the receptionist my story and she confers with the doctor it, they might have pity on me and get me in a little earlier than they would normally.  As it is, when I'm not doing my few necessary things, I'm either on the sofa or in bed.  This is not the life I want to live.  How is your back, Willie?  It sounds like it's slowing you down, but not to the extent mine is.

I went by the mechanic about an oil change.  He asked me to call today and he'd see if he can get me in.  Even though he might be able to get me today, I want to change to next week one day when he can take the Peamite in the morning one day so I don't have to suffer driving in and back home as much.  I'm going to finally have him see what's wrong with my AC.  Every time I've had a car AC go out, it's been the compressor.  There's always the chance though, that it could be something easy and cheap like a leaking connection or bad hose.  If it's the compressor this time, I'll just have to tough it out until Fall.

I was a bad appliance repair person with my dishwasher.  I should have spent more time on diagnosis rather than going for the most obvious thing.  After 2 good dish washes, it leaked all over the floor again with the 3rd.  I dug deeper and discovered that the real problem is the float switch.  It's all in pieces because I had to take every thing apart to find the problem.  After I did, I was so tired and disgusted with it, I didn't even order the little part.  I'll do that today, too.  You wouldn't believe the overflowing stack of dishes waiting for me in the sink.  That, and a good house sweep will be my jobs for today.  If I'm lucky enough to have the energy, I'll mop again too.

Ron has been unable to access the forum for several days.  I've been helping him by transferring his emails to me into PM's to him.  The first fix didn't work (sounds like me and the dishwasher) but I'm hooping that he second one did.  That's what all those test posts were about.  I hope that we have a good long post from him today.

Time to get to work.  Y'all be happy and pain free and I'll see you later.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz. I'm sorry that you are having so many challenges getting in to see the pain doc. I've been having challenges but not like yours. I feel good today but I know better than to push it. It always get me in trouble.

I've increased the WCs on my Discus tank to 2/3 of the 75 daily. The 50 gallons WCs only take an extra minutes on the drainage side but filling it up takes another 10 minutes for the extra 10 gallons. I have lousy water pressure but some of that is probably my carbon block filter. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good afternoon my friends.  Sorry to be absent lately, have a lot going on, not all good, but am hanging in there, as I know you all are too.  Dennis are you taking out your own stitches, really? Be careful!  Willie and Liz I have read all your posts recently, hope things settle down for us all.  Liz the heat must surely end soon!  The fires in Hawaii have destroyed the place Bill and I spent 4 lovely days in 2001, in Maui.  All gone.  So sad for those people. Makes me feel like my little life troubles really aren't so bad after all.  I am very worried about my daughter's left foot.  It is collapsing and needs major surgery asap.  I will let you know how that goes.

I will be gone for the coming week, no wifi where I will be.  But I am taking a good lady friend with me and she is ill.  With many different things. So I don't know how this trip will go.  See you all here next Saturday night.  Unless the trip is canceled later today.  Take care of yourselves,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.