• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 06:23:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 409
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 425
Total: 426

Anyone still keeping Betta's???

Started by Mugwump, October 03, 2013, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I am.  I have 3, named too.  They are Ruby, Lapis, and Opal.  You can guess their colors, haha.  Each is in a 1 gal bowl, the old fashioned fish bowls, with java fern.  They do great!
Barb

Mugwump

My youngest son, and his kids, had one in a small 2 gal aquarium kit. It liked it too.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I had one for several years in a 20 long that I kept for plant cuttings. He chose one area of the tank as home and napped on various plants in his "dead fish" positions. Scared me the first time I saw his body draped over a leaf.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Several years back I kept my grand son's beta while they moved.  He was in a 20 long grow-out with about 65 CPD fry.  He would heard them around like a sheep dog.  Was very entertaining to watch.....

Dennis

wsantia1

I've always had a few around until a couple of months ago. I bred them for a while but that turned into too much work.  I still have a soft spot for them so if I see one I really like I'll probably get it. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

'Old Blue', our last Betta used to float around the surface on plant leaves...just watching the angels...
Jon