• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 11:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Sunny, rainy Saturday

Started by Barb, April 29, 2023, 06:26:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends, yes you read that right, it will be sunny and stormy today.  Rained more over night too.  My rain barrel filled up fast.  And my pond likes all the new fresh water.  How is it in your neck o the woods?

My son and his GF were to visit all weekend. but not now, he is home sick with a cold.  And they were to board their huge dog for the weekend.  But were told there is a dog flu or something like it that is going around this part of the country, maybe more, and they don't recommend putting your dog with others now.  Is this countrywide?

I would go to the beach for a few hours but the weather is not good for that now. But I will find other things to do today.  You all have a good weekend,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. The rain has stopped here for now but we will get off and on showers throughout the day and more steady rain tomorrow.

Barb when I inquired about boarding Kobe next weekend they required a dog flu shot be given at least 10 days before boarding. I got Kobe the flu shot but I have now changed my mind about making the 1 day trip where I would have to board Kobe for two days and have to drive in horrible traffic when I get to NYC.

It is a 175 mile drive and most of it is smooth sailing but the last 25 miles of the drive could take up to two hours and it is just as bad getting out of NYC.

In a little while I will be taking a nap because I got lousy sleep last night. With all of the rain I couldn't get Kobe out for his evening walk so I was out at 3:30 am after the rain stopped, walking Kobe. I did not get back in the bed. huh

You all have a great day. I'll check in with you all later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning!...

No rain here today...it's 75 and going to 97 later...it's funny to listen to the weather ppl on tv...now they're talking about a "cool-down" coming next week...in the hi 80s...!!! :D :D :D 

I have a couple ppl coming for fish/plants today...then either today or tomorrow I'm going to trade some Panda Corys for some yo-yo loaches...I hope the guy doesn't ghost me...he didn't answer my message yesterday....

I think it's time to start going to the pool...it was just too cool this winter and I was always so busy...my favorite area is the hot tub...as soon as I get in, pain is gone til I get out! ;D |^|

Smart move on the trip cancellation, Willie...we just don't need all the aggravation that snarled traffic gives us...

How did pickleball go, Barb?...

That's it for now...stay healthy, friends!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hi friends,  It's nice out now...has been for the past few days... but rain will come in soon.  I just heard a rumble of thunder.  It will won't be much, we had our big rains late last week and early the next, and it will be nice tomorrow and most of the next week.

I haven't been doing much of anything except the usual supermarket, beer store, feed store runs.  I finally sold a bunch of fish on AB after having sold nothing for almost 2 weeks.  When that happens I always fear that the demand for my Pitch Blacks is no longer there.  Then, within 2 days I sold $500 worth of fish.  What a relief.  I depend on these Rams.  God no, the dogs, cat horse and chicken refuse to bring in a cent.

The vet came Friday and floated Charlotte's teeth.  He said that the fact that she had lost weight was just a result of her age.  At 31 she's even older me but in horse years.  He took blood on Big Head but had a hard time sticking a vein and he didn't get a large enough sample once the blood was spun out.  (big head has teeny weeny veins)  He's gonna have to come by one day next week, and we'll shave his leg so he can see better.

That's not much after not showing up for almost a week, but it's all I got.  I've have been reading everyday, of course.

Always move forward. Never look back.