• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 271
Total: 271

Back Shot Thursday

Started by wsantia1, March 30, 2023, 05:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you all are well. I was online yesterday and thought I posted and then this morning I realized I didn't hit send.

As the title says today I go in for another back shot. It takes about 15 minutes and so far it looks like I am getting 4 months of relief from it. My appointment is at 2:30 this afternoon.

It looks like we are still in Winter mode as the current temp is 36 degrees with a feels like temp of 27 degrees. We will be getting up to a high temp of 49 degrees this afternoon and will have plenty of sunshine and zero precip but the winds will be gusting up to 25 mph making it feel much colder.

I have lots to do today starting with my usual water changes that have increased in frequency due to the daily water changes that I do on the Discus tank. Because I have all of the hoses out it I am able to do another tank or two along with that.

I've been careful about switching up hoses in order to prevent cross contamination but I am going to need another Python hose just for the Discus tank. I have already committed one of my Hot Mags for use exclusively on the discus tank and it helps with leftover debris from all of the feedings that the Discus get.

I need to get my day started now so I wish you all a great day and I'll check in later after my doctor's appointment and after stopping off at the vet to pick up Kobe's refills. That's all folks.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi Willie, et. al. as you check in today...

Well it sure is different weather today like i wrote it would be...! 52 and rainy as I write!...

The discus was fine all yesterday...I'll check on him in a few hours when the light comes on...

My plant order should arrive around 10:30...I'll process them and  I'll pick and ship a few today and stop at the grocery store for a few snacks for the card game while I'm on my way back from the PO...

Have a happy aquariuming day everyone...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I to take one of my dogs to the vet this morning.  The Amazon delivery man must have hit her.  I don't blame him.  Pip is home now on pain meds, antibiotics, and a cream to put on the wound.  I had an E collar for her here which I put on her when we get home.

Now that she's on pain meds she scarfs wet dog food and drinks water, but she hasn't peed since yesterday afternoon.  She needs to pee by tomorrow or it's likely she has internal damage which will need surgery to find out what's wrong inside her.  Sometimes they can fix it, sometimes not.  I don't think I will do that, but I might.  I could use Care Credit which is interest free for a year.  I didn't use it for my teeth because I won't be able to pay it off in a year. 

Please my friends hope that my dog pees. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, so sorry to hear that Pip is hurt.  I pray she will get better and not need surgery. Will be thinking about both of you. 
Willie, hope your back shot helps a long time, 4 mo. sounds good to me.  And you are right to be careful of cross contam.  That is so often overlooked or ignored, to very bad results.
Ron, glad your discus is well now.  One less thing to worry about.  I have been a bit down lately, hoping tomorrow and the weekend will be better.  I have a painting class tomorrow, and new aquarium job Sat. for 6 hrs.  I need diversion for my overworked and worried mind.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 30, 2023, 02:29:57 PM
I to take one of my dogs to the vet this morning.  The Amazon delivery man must have hit her.  I don't blame him.  Pip is home now on pain meds, antibiotics, and a cream to put on the wound.  I had an E collar for her here which I put on her when we get home.

Now that she's on pain meds she scarfs wet dog food and drinks water, but she hasn't peed since yesterday afternoon.  She needs to pee by tomorrow or it's likely she has internal damage which will need surgery to find out what's wrong inside her.  Sometimes they can fix it, sometimes not.  I don't think I will do that, but I might.  I could use Care Credit which is interest free for a year.  I didn't use it for my teeth because I won't be able to pay it off in a year. 

...here's hoping for a good pee!... |^|
...sorry this happened...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 30, 2023, 02:29:57 PM

Oh no Liz. Sorry to hear about this. I am hoping that Pip pees soon and heals up nicely. I have Care Credit but don't use them that much.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.