• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 11:36:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 219
Total: 220

Semi-retired???

Started by Ron Sower, October 01, 2013, 08:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I'm not going to hijack a thread where I got to thinking about this... So here goes.

We moved to a mfr home park a little over a year ago. I had inactivated my real estate license, so I guess I was officially retired from fulltime work.  After being here 6 months I decided, ''okay, I'll reactivate my license and work part-time just listing houses here in our friendly l'il park''.  So I guess I'm now semi-retired.  Semi means ''half'' right?  Or something like that. So I should have plenty of time to play with my fish and do aquarium club stuff, right?

Then why am I so freaking busy with work all day these days?  Moving from part-time to full-time, I guess.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

"Danger, Will Robinson"....you're getting drawn back in to the dark side  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Having not watched Lost in Space, I had to Google Will Robinson. Boy! I'm really getting an education on here...!! :o

All this real estate stuff occurs in spurts.  For awhile it's dead as a doornail, then boom! it all starts happening at once. Then dead again.  It was dead for 2-3 weeks, but in the last 2 weeks 6 listings...!

People leave our 55+ community for 1 of 3 reasons...
1. Move in with family or low cost senior apts because of rent prices in here
2. they are moved to assisted living, nursing home, rehab (in any order)
3. they are wheeled out toes up

I've learned there's no season on any of those reasons, while in the outside world there is seasonality in home buying and selling.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron