• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 07:03:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 134
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 140
Total: 141

Wonderful Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, January 27, 2023, 10:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My fish visitors are coming today rather than tomorrow.  I'm really looking forward to it.  They'll be here in an hour.

My house is so clean even I'm impressed with it.  I hope the wife notices that I have a nice house.

I had a Discus jump and committed suicide.  If the folks have a tank set up for ii I'll send them home with it's mate.  I have no use for a single adult female and the guy will be fixing me computer for free.

When I check in with y'all later I'll be using my laptop  :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and everyone. It is cold but it is also dry. It is winter and I've been through 69 of them so I'll deal with it.

I had one of my L183s come down with a big blister/lesion on it's underside and since I no longer try to play fish doctor I put it down. Now I have to put the rest of that tank on quarantine until I can figure out if some of my other fish caught it. I will probably treat the tank with general cure or something similar. The rest of the fish are also L183s. It used to be a fry grow out tank but I haven't used it for that purpose in a while.

Kobe is at a new groomer this morning. I switched groomers because the old groomer is at the boarding place that I don't go to anymore because I partially blame them for Kobe having the recent flare up and they seemed to be mostly apathetic to our situation. If I ever need to board him again I did find a new boarder in my new backup veterinarian's facility.

Liz it is good that your visitor's are coming today so that they can see your freshly cleaned house. I'm glad you were able to get it done and still be able to enjoy it without much pain after all of that work.

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie.  Sorry about fish.  I only play doctor with Discus, so I'd have done the same as you.

My visitors from the Nashville area, Gary and Carol, have come and gone.  Carol chose the pair she wants fry from.  It will be a while because they're fostering another pair's kids right now.  They don't mind because they're still setting up their new fishroom.

Gary fixed my laptop.  It was even hard for him to break into but he persisted.  Honestly, they made this model hard to get in to, but once he figured it out replacing the fan was a piece of cake.  I feel like I have my life back again.  Now I get to enjoy my clean house and try to keep it clean!

I'm tired from the stress of the laptop fixing.  I was so afraid that he would fail that it wore me out.  That plus the fact that I'm still tired from all the baseboard and wall and window cleaning plus all the rest that comes with making a dirty house clean.  The only other thing I will get done today is make a needed beer/nicotine run, have lunch and chill.  Tomorrow I need to hit the feed store and the supermarket.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi all, sorry about your fish loss Willie. Hope the rest will be fine and treating them all sounds like a good idea.  Hope Kobe is doing OK, I know he is getting the best of care.  Liz, glad your house is clean and laptop is fixed.  Welcome back to the world.  I know you must have felt kinda lost without it, I sure would.  But at least I have a smartphone now and am pretty good with it. 

The last few days I have been doing a ton of work on indoor plants, mainly my succulent and orchid collections.  Repotting and grooming each plant individually, take a long time.  I have so many.  The rain poured here for awhile, over 2" and I am glad for it.  I have a few daffodils blooming already!  Have a good eve you all,
Barb