• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 07:21:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 322
Total: 323

Yucky Tuesday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 20, 2022, 09:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Barb and Willie I know it's colder where you are.  I'm so sorry.  Here is has rained all night and will rain once again all day.  We'll be in the 40's both day and night.  Inside I'm comfy warm but when I fed the horse it felt miserable.  Even the dogs don't want to go out.  They'd rather hold it.

On the fish side, I was amazed to find my Discus eggs wiggling this morning.  I have never seen such small Discus eggs that I thought there was something wrong with them.  I don't hold much hope, though.  Dad has discovered the wigglers in the pitcher but he rarely pays attention to them.  Mom doesn't have a clue.  I'll probably take her out when the kids start to free swim.

If I didn't have to make a beer run I'd stay inside all day.  But as long as I have to go out I'll go to the supermarket for beer.  I have plenty of stuff in the freezer but I'm ready for a different flavor.  I'll buy the fixin's for beef stroganoff.  I'll probably pull something I'm tired of from the freezer today and make the stroganoff tomorrow.

The only other thing that occurs to me to tell you it that it's not going to be a bad back day today.  Barb, thanks a million for the info on the spinal stimulator.  I'll call the clinic that does the procedure today.  Hope all the rest of you are happy and doing well.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good morning, Liz...and the rest of you guys! ;D

Today is bingo day, so later this afternoon I'll go help set up the equipment around 3:30 then go back at 5 to eat dinner there and help call if they need me...

This morning I have a few errands to take care of, and I'll do one thing in the fish room...not sure what it will be yet...but I'll do something that needs doing!... :P

It's 47 now with cloud cover and going to 64...

Y'all have a good day....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Yep, cold and gray and gloomy today.  I did go visit the vet cemetery today and saw all the beautiful Wreaths Across America display there and took flowers for my Bill.  Then I went to Cracker Barrel for the first time in almost 3 years and had a great lunch.  It was very festive in there and I sat by the fire in their fireplace, had such a nice time.  The waitress brought my bill and I sat there awhile.  When I got up to leave she came by and took the bill and said someone else had paid it.  Imagine that!  Little did they know I had just left the cemetery and this was my first time back to CB without my husband and I was eating alone.  So kind of someone.  I almost cried.  Funny how life can be.....

Do any of you have a Facebook account that I could send a video of my discus to and you could somehow put it on here?  Willie, Ron or Greg?  If so you could send me a pm here and send me a friend request?
Barb

LizStreithorst

That's a lovely story.  Pay it forward, Barb. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on December 20, 2022, 03:58:01 PM
Yep, cold and gray and gloomy today.  I did go visit the vet cemetery today and saw all the beautiful Wreaths Across America display there and took flowers for my Bill.  Then I went to Cracker Barrel for the first time in almost 3 years and had a great lunch.  It was very festive in there and I sat by the fire in their fireplace, had such a nice time.  The waitress brought my bill and I sat there awhile.  When I got up to leave she came by and took the bill and said someone else had paid it.  Imagine that!  Little did they know I had just left the cemetery and this was my first time back to CB without my husband and I was eating alone.  So kind of someone.  I almost cried.  Funny how life can be.....

Do any of you have a Facebook account that I could send a video of my discus to and you could somehow put it on here?  Willie, Ron or Greg?  If so you could send me a pm here and send me a friend request?
Barb
... send it to me and I'll post it on our SAS page...rondsower@gmail.com
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Hey Willie!...still planning to travel over the holidays?...could be rough...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron