• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 12:26:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

Warm cloudy Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 10, 2022, 09:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It'll be shorts and T shirt once again, after I get out of my jammies.  I've been doing business early Saturday morning.  The Ram guy said he wants 50 blues and 50 blacks and even though I can't ship until after the 15th of January he wants to send full payment now.  That kind of spooks me.  I told him that I'd take a couple hundred as a down but not the whole amount.  Shit happens and I don't want to be stuck owing a big bundle of money.

I didn't intend to beat up my back yesterday, but I did do some stretching, bending and climbing in the fish room which I guess I shouldn't have.  Of course after a night in bed I'm feeling better this morning.  No more fish room work for a while though.

I have some house work that needs doing, as always.  Don't laugh but I bought a fancy new mop and I'm itchin' to try it out.  My neighbor has one and she says it rocks.  Before I can mop I have to sweep and vacuum.  I think that will be all the physical stuff I'll want to do until WC time.

I hope that at least one of you has something more fun today.  Of course, Barb is going to be partying on with her garden club.  Ron, how's the leg?  Today you should take it easy, like I am.  Sometimes your body is the boss.  Willie, got anything planned for the day?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Good morning Liz...and eventually Barb and Willie...

Liz...the leg did well yesterday...didn't hurt too much...not like Thursday!...we'll be changing the bandage today...I won't have much time for resting it...shopping, meeting a friend, outside decorations, etc are on the list today...

You guys have a good one!...and happy aquariuming!... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm sure that nobody cares about my new mop, but I am blown away with it.  The floor is so much cleaner than with the Swiffer mop I had been using.  I know because after I mop I always dry the floor with a clean rag.  The rag is always dirty.  Sometimes so dirty I have to use more than one.  This time the rag needed washing but was pretty much clean.  Now, that's something to say for someone with 5 dogs constantly tracking in and out.

I never thought in a million years that I'd turn into "little miss housekeeper" and sing the praises of a damn mop.  God knows, I'd rather be doing something more fun than mopping.  But it is what it is.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. Another chilly day here but at least the sun is out and the wind is not blowing too hard. I did a good water change today which included the obligatory flooding of the fishroom. I started my water changes real early in order to finish up and get out of the house but the flood slowed me down.

Liz, I hate the Swiffer mop too. I was also troubled by the amount of dirt that thing left behind and I don't have 5 dogs. What type of mop are you using now?

My Dutch Blue Rams spawned yesterday but with my calendar full of Christmas travel I'm afraid that I will lose most if not all of the fry. That's okay because after Christmas I will be on the winter lockdown which means that I will have plenty of time to devote to rearing fry.

I was getting ready to finish up my Christmas shopping today but I am behind schedule so I probably won't finish until tomorrow. huh That's ok, I have plenty of time to get it done.

Hopefully you all are having a great day. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody!  Liz that mop actually looks fun to use, if a mop can be fun.  I may have to get one too, I see them here in WM and Target. Willie how much water overflowed?  It has been awhile since I had that fun.  Ron do you ever do it too?  BTW Ron, maybe I will visit you and Lucy in 2024!

My garden club greenery sale went well.  We sold almost all 50 we made.  About $700 profit. Tomorrow is my trip up to MD.  May be some rain but nothing frozen or I would stay home.  I am not a snow or ice driver.  You all be good while I am gone and if I can check in here I will.
Barb

Ron Sower

Have a safe trip Barb... I would be embarrassed to tell you how many times I've overflowed the RO tank or Aquarium's.... Even though I use water sensors with alarms so let me know when it gets near the top of the tanks...

I went to the killi meeting tonight...scored some raffle prizes and sold a couple hundred dollars of plants and fish...big auction and presale night for me!!!... |^|

Goodnight now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron