• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 02:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 270
Total: 271

Monday rolls around again!

Started by Ron Sower, November 28, 2022, 08:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good morning, Muggers!...

I sat down last night to post here and do a plant order for this week and just didn't have the initiative to do either...so I went to bed early and here I am awake for an hour already! ;D

A young lady came by last evening and brought me 3 young Bosemani rainbows to add to my group...she left here with several plants, a bunch of black chinned livebearers and blue Mickey Mouse platys...she wanted to bring me her 2 golden wonder killies but I don't have the space to set them up properly...

I'll be shipping out a female blue Gularis across town to a fellow who is starting to breed them, as well as several plant orders I didn't get out last Friday...I'll need to do WCs today in several tanks too...

We made a pot of chili for dinner yesterday...it was so good...I ate 2 bowls of it!...we have enough for another meal too! |eat| |eat| |eat|

Looks like we'll be getting our 2 couples from Florence up here Thursday for cards...we've all been on the go so much lately...we saw them Saturday night at the dinner we went to in Florence...

Well, I've posted a signup for the club's meeting this coming Sunday...first day 42 signed up...our max is 100 ppl...Barbara and Lucy are catering the event with lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and beverage...the meal is being partially subsidized by our treasury..we'll have a white elephant gift exchange, large raffle, and auction... looking forward to the event!...

Willie, does your club do anything special for the holidays?...

Y'all have good days today...happy aquariuming!... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good morning Ron and everyone. After a rainy day yesterday today we get sunny skies with a high temp around 60F. There is a 15 MPH breeze blowing so it may feel a bit cooler.

I'll be doing some Cyber surfing today but it is doubtful that I will buy anything since I bought a couple of things for myself over the weekend.

Ron my club has a Christmas event during our regularly scheduled meeting on the second Monday of the month. Nothing special because we only have the meeting facility for 2 hours but we will have fried chicken and chili for sure. We'll squeeze in a club auction during that time period also.

A little fishroom work is on the agenda today. I did spot 3 sterbai cories fry after this morning's feeding. Today is the first time I saw orange bellies which means that they are eating the bbs. I hope there are more but I made a lot of mistakes initially. I have another batch of eggs in the incubator. I should do better with those.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon, gentlemen.  Willie, yesterday and today have both been in the mid 70's under clear skies.  They say the rain will come in later today and tomorrow, and then the bottom will fall out once again.  The dogs, Chicken Chicken, and I are all enjoying the good weather while we had it. 

All this talk of chili makes me want to make it again.  I had it for yesterday's meal just like you, Ron.  It's a great dish for sticking in the freezer for when the urge strikes.  I need to make more stuff that I can stick in the freezer, too.  I just haven't decided what yet.

My head standing Discus is still doing well, thank God.  After WC yesterday I raised the water level in their tank from 1/31rd to between 1/3rd and 1/2.  She's probably fine now and could handle me filling the tank, but I'm spooked because I raised it up too fast.  I may take it to just above 1/2.  It certainly doesn't hurt anything to take it slow.

I love the folks at Jehmco.  I called and asked to speak to John.  I had to asked him about the Medo pump I got used on eBay.  He knows all there is to know about air pumps.  I felt guilty about asking him about the suitability of a pump that I didn't buy from him and offered to pay for his time.  He said, "No, we don't do that".  I love them at Jehmco.  They are much more kind than they really should be.

He said that the pump I bought used has more pressure so less volume than what I should have.  Then he looked at charts and did math and said that my pump should service my entire fish room easily.  What a kind man.  Since he wouldn't take money for his advice I ordered a few other things that I will need if I have the energy to do the project that I had in mind.

I run out of get-up-and go so fast because of my stupid back condition.  I did do some fishroom work but I need to do a lot more in order to satisfy myself.  Thank God I can ask Shawn to help me with stuff that either I don't know or don't have the energy to do.  He'll be back from off shore Wednesday.  After he has a few day's rest, he has to install the free standing propane heater for me.  I don't want to, but I will ask him to make an entire loop of my air system.  Right now I'm running 3 small Medo pumps that are so old that John told me that Medo didn't even list them anymore.  I want to replace the 2 that still work well and the one that is getting weaker all the time with the one big one that I bought.  I would be able to do it myself, but it all has to be done in one day.  I don't want the fish to without air for any longer.

One of the 2 Pitch Black Ram pairs had wigglers the other day.  Mom and dad have already moved the to a corner where they don't think I would notice them.  Pair number 2 spawned the night before last so their eggs are in RO

That's all my news that isn't.  Barb, I'm thinking of you.

Always move forward. Never look back.