• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 03:01:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 329
Total: 329

Aloha Saturday

Started by Ron Sower, November 05, 2022, 01:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello Muggers!...

How's it going for you guys?...we're doing well with nice weather here in Lahaina...clouds in the morning that clear out early with temps in the 80s...

We miss whale watching...they say a few humpbacks have arrived at the south end of the island (Maui), but the excursions haven't begun yet, probably because they can't guarantee that we'd actually see  any...
One thing has changed at the aquarium since a year ago when we were here...the parking is no longer free...not paying attention, we didn't notice the signs showing where to pay...we came out to a 29$ ticket...! :-[ :-[ :-[ That sucked!!!

I've been waking up on Phoenix time here which is 3 hours earlier than Hawaii time...Lucy is managing to sleep thru into the Hawaii time, so I come out on the lanai and read and catch up on emails...finished my book last night...I'll have to get one for the 6-hour flight home Monday...

We rented a car Thursday and went to the aquarium...it was good as usual...yesterday we drove around to Pa'ia, a small town that's full of Hawaiian arts and craft shops...bought a few little Xmas gifts for the family...I don't care much for hot sauces, but our P-SIL (pseudo-son-in-law) does, so I like to pick up little bottles from the different places we go and hold them til birthday or Xmas...

So that last sentence makes me think...in today's world when couples with their own personal estates are advised not to marry by their financial advisors due to lower taxation...or chose not to marry for any other reason... what do we, as parents, refer to our adult child's significant other?...we love him as a true son-in-law....so, that's why I write P-SIL...Or it could be Daughter's Significant Other (DSO), or Son's Significant Other (SSO)....I can come up with many more!...in your opinions, how should they be referred to?... ;D.  Maybe I have too much time on my hands while I'm sitting here on vacation!!! ;D ;D ;D

We'll...you all have a good rest of your day...I guess it's after 3pm for you...and happy aquariuming!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Hi Ron, you lucky dog, except for the $29 ticket of course.  What a great vacaction!  I refer to my son's girlfriend as just that.  I guess that would be SGF?Doubt they will every get married, who knows why.
I drove to the beach today to take my favorite tourist boat cruise today.  Was supposed to be 80 and sunny all day. But I got there, dark clouds which turned to rain shortly.  Good thing I had planned to buy my ticket, $25, when I got there and not online before.  So no boat ride for me.  But I did have a nice drive to and from the coast and did some good shopping in Lidl there, we don't have one here. 

My 3 young, recently- almost- dead- discus, are looking better but only picking once in awhile at food.  They were so terribly stressed last Mon and Tues, I guess theyb are still suffering.  Nothing else I can do for them.  They even turn their noses up at the freeze dried blackworms which all fish love.

Do any of you have blue shrimp you could spare a few of for me?  My single one is lonely.  He needs friends or a lady at least.  Willie and liz hope you are both having a good weekend!
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi guys.  I'm still alive and kicking, just don't have much to say.  Today we had a wonderful rain that we needed badly.  Ron, you and Miss Lucy look great.  Keep having fun while you still can.  Barb, I don't know what to tell you about the fish other than to just give them time.  Willie, sorry we all left you high and dry all by your lonesome yesterday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on November 05, 2022, 04:12:36 PM

Do any of you have blue shrimp you could spare a few of for me?  My single one is lonely.  He needs friends or a lady at least. 
Barb

Barb I have some Blue shrimp but they have been steadily dying off and I am not sure what's going on. The last thing I want to do is send you sick shrimp. When I am able to stabilize the population of these shrimp I will be happy to send you some. Also I find that the Blue Shrimp that I have don't seem to get as big as they use to so I need to figure out what's going on with that or start over with them. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Thanks Willie, no rush. All mine died except one very strong healthy male.  He has been in a bowl with a big snail and a bunch of plants.  Didn't even know he was there until the other day. Now he is in my Endler tank with the big yellow snail.