• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 15, 2024, 08:34:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,396
  • Total Topics: 18,558
  • Online today: 306
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 291
Total: 291

Sunny Thursday

Started by wsantia1, October 06, 2022, 05:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. The sun will finally make a return after being MIA for 5 days. There is no rain in sight and we are supposed to top out at 75 degrees today.

I am pretty sure that I will be outside most of the day doing yard work. The landscapers are coming by to do their fall prep but I usually have to watch over them to make sure that they do all that they are supposed to do and not more or less.

Once I am satisfied that the landscaping situation is under control I will go back down to the fishroom to continue working on some things I started down there while I was on "rain lockdown".

Today can see another two tanks consolidated but I also have 9 Sterbai cories coming out of quarantine. I can do a few things with the cories but I may just leave them alone in their own tank and try to breed them. huh

Anyway, I wish you guys a great day and I will check in on you all later
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi everybody, just typed a long message here and it disappeared just before I hit post.  Sooooo frustrating.  But I am fine here, rain is finally gone,like you Willie, that Ian forever to get out of here.  The outer southern bands were hanging over New Bern for days.  Now it is sunny but quite cool.  Seems Fall is here.  Today is my final PT for my hip, and then I am on my own at home doing my exercises.  My right leg is still crooked, but no pain so I don't care much that it is not all straight.

I am redoing my Endler tank, moving it to another room, trying to remove the trillion duckweed plants from it, I used to like that stuff but sure don't anymore.  It will be a barebottom with as many plants in it as I can cram, but no duckweed I hope.  It will be a job.  Discus are all well, 5 of them.

There is a huge Fall festival downtown here this weekend, way too far for me to walk around, so I will be taking my scooter to ride.  I will let you know how it goes.  If you want to see what all is involved, check out New Bern Mumfest 2022 online.   Ron, you and Lucy sure have some fun trips coming up!!  Willie are you going anywhere this Fall?  Liz how are you these days?
Barb

wsantia1

Hey Barb. glad to see that you are drying out too. It's very nice and energizing to see the sun out for a change. It also good for you that you graduated to in home therapy.

My only planned Fall stuff will be a trip to NYC for Thanksgiving. I'll go to NYC for Christmas also but that counts as Winter.

I will also squeeze in a couple of trip to DC and at least one trip trip to Rehoboth Beach for their Fall Fest and some Rehoboth Beach Outlets shopping.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I am so happy to hear that the sun has come out again for Barb and Willie.  I could tell that after 5 days the rain was starting to wear on you, Willie.  Ron, you always have sun.  Down here The ground is suffering the lack of rain.  Nothing has browned out, but the green is not as vibrant as it should be.

I'm doing well enough, Barb.  Monday, I saw my first garlic come up in the garden.  The next day I had 3, the next 6.  Today 13 of them have sprouted.  I planted 2 different varieties.  I wonder if some come up more quickly than others, 'cause I planted 24 cloves in all.  Yesterday I finally had my oil changed.  The poor Peamite was 1000 miles overdue.

I haven't sold the first damn fish for 2 weeks now.  I guess I have no choice but to wait and see what happens.  Barb, you really do need to buy the little turks I have.  They are excellent quality, vigorous, fast growers.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, call me tomorrow night, Friday,  after 6pm your time.  It will be after 7 here.  We will talk baby discus.
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi fellow Mug-Clubbers!... :D

We had another rainstorm this afternoon...our desert is greener than I've ever seen it this year...lots of monsoon rains and other storms not classified that way...since I don't have Tweetie Bird anymore, I miss driving out into the raw desert tosee the wild cacti blooming, however, someon the neighborhood are blooming extra this year due to the rains...

I didn't mention yesterday, that after I finished cleaning the stove in the rental, it wouldn't Come on....I checked the plug, and the breakers, and still nothing....checked the breakers a second time and still nothing... so I let the tenants who were coming in know this and started looking for a good used one yesterday...nothing in a 24" available...I met the tenants there today and they said they could use the new convection oven and microwave until I gotta new stove...while I was waiting for them to arrive,I was still searching to No avail...well I got home and gotta text from the husband saying it was fixed!...I had missed flipping a breaker at the bottom of the panel :-[ :-[ :-[ I'm pretty embarrassed over that :-[ :-[ :-[ but it sure is a load off me!...

This afternoon Lucy and I went to our favorite street taco place, the to lowes to get some toilet guts to replace in my toilet, then to Costco to buy gas for $4.799 instead of $4.999 or $5.199...grrr!...then to Hobby Lobby for Lucy to get some glue pens for her card-making classes...oh, and we stopped for frozen chocolate espresso ice custard at Culver's...I think that all we did while out....came home and I finished my mystery by J. A. Janice - lDead To Rights"...she writes novels located in southern Az an Seattle, my last 2 homes! |^|

No fish news again today ...but I did send off a few orders to the post office...so I guess that's all from me today...happy aquariuming, Muggers...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on October 06, 2022, 09:12:55 PM

We had another rainstorm this afternoon...our desert is greener than I've ever seen it this year...lots of monsoon rains and other storms not classified that way...since I don't have Tweetie Bird anymore, I miss driving out into the raw desert tosee the wild cacti blooming, however, someon the neighborhood are blooming extra this year due to the rains...

I didn't mention yesterday, that after I finished cleaning the stove in the rental, it wouldn't Come on....I checked the plug, and the breakers, and still nothing....checked the breakers a second time and still nothing... so I let the tenants who were coming in know this and started looking for a good used one yesterday...nothing in a 24" available...I met the tenants there today and they said they could use the new convection oven and microwave until I gotta new stove...while I was waiting for them to arrive,I was still searching to No avail...well I got home and gotta text from the husband saying it was fixed!...I had missed flipping a breaker at the bottom of the panel :-[ :-[ :-[ I'm pretty embarrassed over that :-[ :-[ :-[ but it sure is a load off me!...

This afternoon Lucy and I went to our favorite street taco place, the to lowes to get some toilet guts to replace in my toilet, then to Costco to buy gas for $4.799 instead of $4.999 or $5.199...grrr!...then to Hobby Lobby for Lucy to get some glue pens for her card-making classes...oh, and we stopped for frozen chocolate espresso ice custard at Culver's...I think that all we did while out....came home and I finished my mystery by J. A. Janice - lDead To Rights"...she writes novels located in southern Az an Seattle, my last 2 homes! |^|

No fish news again today ...but I did send off a few orders to the post office...so I guess that's all from me today...happy aquariuming, Muggers...

Ron you had a pretty busy day there but ending it at Culver's is a nice way to end it. The Culver's I used to go to in Illinois had a really good Pot Roast sandwich that I used to get. 
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 07, 2022, 07:01:17 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on October 06, 2022, 09:12:55 PM

Ron you had a pretty busy day there but ending it at Culver's is a nice way to end it. The Culver's I used to go to in Illinois had a really good Pot Roast sandwich that I used to get.
...I haven't seen that on the huge menu, but I'll look next time...we like their Reuben...and frozen custard, of course! |eat|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron