• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 05:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 304
Total: 304

"liking" posts...

Started by Mir, October 22, 2012, 04:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mir

I'd been thinking about this on the old forum too. It would be neat if there was a button next to a post where you could like it if you think there is some valuable information there. Or give the post a thumbs up or down rating, kind of like (dare I say) Yahoo Answers...
You thnk there's any way it'd be possible to add a feature like that on here? Would it work with the current software/host?
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Rjb3

Mugwump

LOL....t'ain't Facebook ya know.....LOL.....shoot I don't know.....maybe someday?...when the place gets crowded, it might be nice....???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Danionins

I'm personally not in favor of a post voting system.  Just because someone doesn't like a post, doesn't mean the post is bad.  For example, I don't keep Discus so I could basically 'NOT LIKE' the Discus posts which would be wrong because I'm sure the people here that keep Discus like and appreciate them.

Just my 2 cents.....

LizStreithorst

I agree.  If a post is good it will be responded to.  I respond to lots of posts that are outside my area of expertise because I find them interesting. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

I never looked at it, as rating....but that'd be right.....quality threads/posts can be made a 'sticky' by request, tho....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mir

Yeah, I guess there are some drawbacks but I'd sorta see it like, in the instance of an agument, a way for you to anonymously say you agree with someone wihout getting involved; or it can be like  a "good job" for backing up their post with citations.... I really wish we'd had this in the case of Ron and Dennis's salt discussion so I could give them both a thumbs up for great sources. :) there doesn't necessarily have to be a dislike button: I just think it might be useful if someone has a stupid answer/post with horrible advice like keeping a fish in a bowl. But we probably won't have many people like that here and I'm sure we could just verbally correct them for that (like we should)...
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

oh boy...the 'great salt debate'....Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
Jon

LizStreithorst

I believe that they are refered to as The Salt Talks.  I'm old.  I remember.  The big guys decided to take it a few notches down and the rest of us breathed a sigh of relief.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 22, 2012, 07:19:07 PM
I believe that they are refered to as The Salt Talks.  I'm old.  I remember.  The big guys decided to take it a few notches down and the rest of us breathed a sigh of relief.

Yep, me too...Helsinki was the meeting place, I believe......69?????....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Yep, Helsinki.  I think it was later than '69, but I could be wrong.

Rjb3

Salt I 1973.  Salt II 1979. Us withdrew 1986.

b125killer

I just avoid the 'great salt debate'. I didn't want to get caught in the cross fire. As far as a rating I think the posts will reflect on whether it's good or bad. 
Scott

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on October 22, 2012, 07:05:47 PM

Part of me wants to offer up an explanation of why I became involved with that, the other part wants to spare you good folks from any further mention of the subject.....  lets just leave it at that   lol

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on October 23, 2012, 07:14:31 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 22, 2012, 07:05:47 PM

Part of me wants to offer up an explanation of why I became involved with that, the other part wants to spare you good folks from any further mention of the subject.....  lets just leave it at that   lol

Dennis

Good plan, Dennis.....let's leave that one in 'Helsinki'???......LOL....

Jon