• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:03:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 342
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 305
Total: 305

Relaxing Saturday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 27, 2022, 11:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Poor Willie isn't relaxing, though.  He's spending many hrs on the road.  Have a safe and easy trip, Willie.

I'm relaxing because I have no choice.  Hauling all that gravel out of the 125 beat me up.  All I'll be able to do today is sit on my ass and do what I can do on my scooter.  I took the dogs for their run, filled a couple of hummingbird feeders, and am working on laundry which I can put on my scooter and take out to dry.

Speaking of hanging out laundry we didn't have a drop of rain yesterday and won't have any today.  Thursday all we had was a big splat of rain Thursday.  It's wonderful.  They're still suffering with expected floods up in Jackson, though.

I posted a couple of auctions earlier and if I've recovered by tomorrow I'll make some more boxes.

Barb, I hope you didn't hurt yourself hauling all those plants out to your car.  Tell us all about Diane's new place.  Ron, how's the plant business and the rest of your life going today.

Stay happy and healthy friends.  See y'all later.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Liz and everyone. I am finally back from my 342 mile round trip. I am now dead tired. It wasn't the 342 that did me in it was 4.5 hours of sleep last night and that darn traffic in NYC.

To make matters worse we had a lot of traffic here also because it is a summer Saturday and all of the folks come from Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey come through her to go the Rehoboth Beach. They have to pass through my town to get there.

I can understand why the PA folks come but the MD and NJ folks have their own beaches. Rehoboth is a nice little beach though and the outlet stores (no sales taxes) and restaurants are hard to beat.

I must say that I did have a great week but now I will have to recover my finances because I took it upon myself to splurge on the girls. Hell that's what grandparents do. Spoil grandkids. mim mim mim

Hopefully I am now going to take me a nice little nap. I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hi guys!...

I'm taking a break...I have reworked a seal on the 75gim doing for the fellow...I didn't like the way it looked...then WC and WD (wipe down) on the rainbow and discuss 75 tanks...then started hanging the airline pvc in the fishroom...that requires up and down a lot on steps tools and short step ladders...I'm feeling it and yet, still plan to go exercise in a little while, but it won't be strenuous like yesterday...

You know, I sold that one smaller discus and the dynamics of the tank has changed...interesting!...

We had a light order picking day yesterday...we're breaking even still, but that's not the goal...we're going to keep it up through November to see if it picks up, and dropping some species that are too hard to keep or die off in shipment...USPS doesn't help much with their extended first class deliveries now... huh

Well, back to work now...gotta drill hole in a closet wall so I can set the Jehmco LPH6p on the shelf and run the pvc to it...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

UPS has gone down hill, too.  3 out of my last 3 boxes have arrived late.  They blame it on the war in Ukraine ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 27, 2022, 06:28:59 PM
UPS has gone down hill, too.  3 out of my last 3 boxes have arrived late.  They blame it on the war in Ukraine ::)
thats BS!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

I got the pvc all up now...all the valves are in...sponge filters have arrived, and I forgot to get more air tubing!...ergh! huh I'll order the Jehmco Monday...meanwhile I'll see how soon I can get some airline in from Amazon....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron