• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 12:32:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 234
Total: 234

Tuesday Hello

Started by Barb, August 16, 2022, 06:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody!  I just read your yesterday posts.  Great news about finally getting your hot water heater put in Liz.  And yes I will save more E. ears for you.  When they get huge they do look like E. ears don't they?  Willie glad you had such good weather to be outside all day and enjoy it.  It was better here too.  Ron, you always have so much to do, and lots of fun socializing!

Yesterday I had a full hr. of non stop exercises, about 20 different ones, at PT.  Kind of tired me out, but not much pain.  After 4 weeks as a recovering surgical patient I am more than ready to get back to normal life, doing all my usual stuff.  Hopefully soon, I am trying to be patient and not rush it though.  Above all I can't risk falling, could pop my new hip apart.  It takes up to a year to be all healed up in there.

Have a good day you all!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. Another really nice day here like the last 2 days were. It is also going to be bone dry and we can really use some rain. I heard on the news that we will get rain starting on Friday and lasting for a few days afterward. At this time it doesn't look like we will have any washout days.

On Saturday I will go get two of my grandkids (girls) and bring them down here for a week. This will give the folks in NYC a little break and allow me to catch up on what's going on with them. I haven't seen them since Christmas when the then 4 year old (Ella) gave me Covid. We all laugh about it now but my daughter was very upset at the time. Needless to say I have a lot of house cleaning to do between now and Friday.

Barb it's great to hear about your progress in rehab. I can't believe that it's been a month since your surgery. Time is going by so fast and it's only 4 months until XMAS.

Ron I am looking forward to hear more about your air project. I have my air worked out now but I am sure that I can do something to make it more pleasing to the eye.

Liz I can wait for the Dutch Rams. Are they already paired up or do they need some more seasoning? Either way I have a setup for them to go into.

That's it for me for now but I'll check in on you all later. Now it's time for me to get to work. Have a great day everyone.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thank you Barb.  Now that I know the perfect place to put them I will not wait until the poor bulb is almost dead before I get it in the ground.  I can't believe how the bulb I have that was only still alive in one part of it has put out so much wonderful growth.

Willie, I had both of your pairs in a 10 gallon which doesn't really have enough privacy for actual pairing and spawning.  You can either choose males and females and put each couple in a 10 or put all 4 in a 20 long or a 30 and let them choose their own mates.  Either way works.

I'm having a lazy day today.  I called Martha in Rio and told her about having my first hot bath in over 3 weeks.  I wouldn't even have a hot water heater if she hadn't given me the money for it.  I've had a hard time even getting through the month since I've had no fish to sell on AB for the past month.  Marth's hip replacement was 2 weeks after Barb's, and Marth is 82 years old.  Of course she is still behind Barb as far as healing.  She said the same thing, though.  The pain is not from the the hip.  It's in the area of the incision where they had to cut through the muscle.

Then I scooted up to Judy's and visited with her and told her about my perfect bath.  Poor Judy.  Today would have been Jack and her's 56th anniversary.  I know that she's still heart broken and there is nothing I can do other than care about her.  She and I both know that the only thing to do when a loved one dies except keep going on with life. 

I finally got around to posting an auction for my Pitch Black pairs.  There is a guy on AB selling good looking unsexed blacks for next to nothing, so I don't know how much luck I'll have with my pairs that I listed at my normal price.  If they don't sell after a couple of tries, I'll have no choice but to sell mine cheaper.

I'll check in later to see what's going on with Ron or if any thing exciting has happened with Barb or Willie.  Now I'm going to make some lunch.  It will be a simple lunch of tuna salad but it will be good because I have tuna packed in oil which makes a world of difference. 

Stay happy, friends.

Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz I age with you 100%. Tuna packed in oil is way better than tuna packed in water.
Willie

Ron Sower

Hi gang!...

I'm selling a 4 basket Rena canister tomorrow, so it's all cleaned up now...I hope the guy doesn't ghost me!...
I'm also trying to sell the smaller yellow/orange one of the 5 discus...he's the one that is being ostracized by the others...there is no body or fin damage on the fella, thankfully...once I get these gone I'm going to sell more canister filters I've accumulated and some extra tanks that are just sitting around...

Elephant ears are really a neat plant...I like them because of their large showy leaves...same reason I like Hostas...neither of them would do well here though...

Willie, sounds like you're going to be in for a busy, but fun week with the grands!...do they like your aquariums?...what are some of the things you plan to do with them while they're with you?...

Barb, a solid hour of PT is definitely rigorous...then you go home and rest, right?...falling is a risk that scares the therapists...they were so careful with me about that...just think what it would do to their reputation!...when I went to my doc a few days ago the nurse asked me if I'd had any falls since I was there last...I told her no, but I always try to stay close to walls and furniture that I can reach!...she thought for a couple seconds then said, "That's a good idea!"...you know, some days I just can't get over how brilliant I am!... ;D :D ;D

Getting back to reality, now...i usually have a rolling to-do list of things in the fishroom and general stuff in and around the house...Barb, that's part of why I stay busy...! When I don't have that I don't really have a focus for the day...I don't know if that is a good or a bad trait, but it works for me...I started that in college when I was a lab assistant and taking 2 bio lab courses myself and working in the cafeteria 2 meals a day...I was having such a hard time managing it all until I met with my favorite bio prof and he taught me how to schedule my day to get it all done...I've been doing it since...

Liz, when you get into the fresh, hot bath water (hurray, you have it now), does your pain almost immediately go away?...I really like going to the hot tub by the pool for that reason...just feels so damn good...! |^|

Well, that's about all I have for today...you folks have a good afternoon and evening...and happy aquariuming... :P
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron, my grands love the fish tanks. They don't understand why I have so many (neither do I) but the really like the fish. They had old goldish in a bowl that the oldest one won at a fair but that's it.

We will be doing quite a few things this time. I have a trip to the Philly Zoo on the agenda but we will also try to go to Rehoboth Beach one morning.

If it rains we will go to the Baltimore Aquarium which is supposed to be really nice.

Then there is a Trampoline center and a Dave and Busters like facility close by. Of course I will be grilling in between. The time will go really fast.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Sounds like both the kids and you will be having a blast, Willie  Will their parents come pick them up or will you be taking them back.  I know that you will be totally tuckered by the end of the week.  Don't you wish you had half the energy little kids have?  I know I do.

Ron, the pain used to totally go away with a hot bath.  No longer, though.  It does go away after I've been in bed for a while.  The best thing for my pain is to lay flat on my back.  But I'll be damned if I'll spend my life in bed.  I may not be able to do much any more, but I can still take care of an old horse, a chicken who sleeps in the house and a gaggle of dogs.  The fish keep me busiest of all of my critters.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 16, 2022, 03:56:42 PM
Ron, my grands love the fish tanks. They don't understand why I have so many (neither do I) but the really like the fish. They had old goldish in a bowl that the oldest one won at a fair but that's it.

We will be doing quite a few things this time. I have a trip to the Philly Zoo on the agenda but we will also try to go to Rehoboth Beach one morning.

If it rains we will go to the Baltimore Aquarium which is supposed to be really nice.

Then there is a Trampoline center and a Dave and Busters like facility close by. Of course I will be grilling in between. The time will go really fast.
the Baltimore Aquarium is wonderful....I've been there several times...
...you're going to be plenty bust!... ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 16, 2022, 05:41:24 PM
Sounds like both the kids and you will be having a blast, Willie  Will their parents come pick them up or will you be taking them back.  I know that you will be totally tuckered by the end of the week.  Don't you wish you had half the energy little kids have?  I know I do.

Ron, the pain used to totally go away with a hot bath.  No longer, though.  It does go away after I've been in bed for a while.  The best thing for my pain is to lay flat on my back.  But I'll be damned if I'll spend my life in bed.  I may not be able to do much any more, but I can still take care of an old horse, a chicken who sleeps in the house and a gaggle of dogs.  The fish keep me busiest of all of my critters.
...you do have a menagerie to take care of...I'm heading to the hot tub now!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I forgot the cat.  I knew I was leaving someone out of the menagerie.