• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:31:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 312
Total: 312

Dogs....global warming????

Started by Mugwump, January 08, 2014, 06:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Saw this in yesterdays paper.....gave me a chuckle...

"So how can those events be explained without giving the climate change alarmists a chance to be right?

The answer is simple: dogs.

I love my dog, but I've long suspected she was responsible for unpredictable changes in the Earth's weather patterns. And now, thanks to a new study, I have proof."

"A research paper published Dec. 27 in the journal Frontiers in Zoology shows that dogs have a keen sense of the Earth's magnetic fields and prefer to line themselves up along a north-south axis when pooping. This is big news for people who care about what direction dogs poop in, but it's even bigger news for people who selectively use science to confirm their beliefs."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-talk-huppke-global-pooping-20140107,0,5761552.story
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

I read that a few days ago.  It's either hogwash or my dog has no sense of direction.  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 08, 2014, 09:49:02 AM
I read that a few days ago.  It's either hogwash or my dog has no sense of direction.  Lol.

LOL...it is a bit 'tongue in cheek' .... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on January 08, 2014, 12:07:34 PM
A scientific study was actually done on this. Here's the study I read about:

http://americablog.com/2014/01/dogs-poop-alignment-earths-magnetic-field-study-says.html

Oh I know....but he was doing a take on it too. ;D...Funny..tho...now I'll be checking a compass to make sure the girls get it right...LOL....Manny and Cecil do it north/south tho.... ;D...but our toilets face east/west....I feel left out...boo hoo.... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Yeah.....I actually watched my dog a few times to test the theory.   ::)  Maybe once all the snow melts he will focus more on direction and less on keeping his butt out of the snow.