• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:51:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 199
Total: 199

TGIF

Started by LizStreithorst, July 15, 2022, 06:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good early evening my Muggy friends.

Nothing exciting for me, as usual.  It's still hot and since we haven't had any of the projected rains the soil is starting to get dry.  I called the bank and my SS arrived, thank goodness.  Since I'd been putting in money from my paypal account from selling fish I had more money than I thought.  But tomorrow I'll sit down and catch up on bills. 

I drove to Ellisville and picked up my pain meds at the drug.  This is an old time drug store where you can sit down and have a coffee or a milk shake.   I ran into 2 of my old grooming customers.  We sat down together and had a nice long chat.  One of them owns one of the dogs I loved grooming.  When I groomed Henry he was young.  He's 16 years old now and he's having neurological problems.  Mrs. Laird knows that Henry is at the end of his days.  The other lady's dogs had both gotten old and had to be put to sleep.  She has a new dog, a Miniature Australian Shepheard.  He's 6 months old aof nd chews on everything and never runs out of energy.  I told her to wait until he was a year old (sometimes it takes 2 years) and he's turn in to a wonderful pet.  It was nice chatting with people who knew me back when I was well.

I headed to the grocery store and bought what I needed for Chicken Fricassee.  I'd never thought of making it before even though it was my father's favorite.  It's better the next day so after it cooled down some I put it in the fridge for tomorrow

Yesterday I got tired of looking at my dog Pip knowing that she needed a grooming.  I finally got up the fortitude to lift her on the grooming table.  She looks like a long haired doxie mix.  She couldn't weigh more than 35 lbs but it wore me slam out. I had to get into bed to rest my damn back after I got with WC at around 6:30 and I'm still tired from it today.

I haven't been eating much at all.  I just don't get hungry.  I tried to eat yesterday but gave most of it to the dogs.  Today I ate some grapes and will have some ice cream or popcorn later just to get something in my stomach.  This has never happened to me before.  I need to get over it.  Or I could just give in to it and die of starvation.

The horse and the fish been fed breakfast lunch and dinner.  WC has been done.  All the dogs need is a full water bowl.  My favorite dog, Bruno is always by my side. Now that all my chores have been done I'm going to head to the bed to rest my back just like I did yesterday.

I'm sure that y'all are doing better than I am today.  Barb, just 3 more days for your surgery.  You will be so happy once it's been done and you've recovered.  Take care friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz!  You should see all the thousands of mushrooms growing everywhere in my yard due to all the  rain. Have never seen so many before, all in .22 acres.  There are several varieties too.  At least I am not having to go out to water things lately.  I had my preop stuff at the hosptial this morning so I am all set to go.  I find out Monday afternoon what time to be at the hosptial Tues. morning. My son will be here with me from Monday evening until Wed. eve when he has to go back home, 3 hr drive.  Thursday people start coming in to help me, PT, cat caregiver, friends and neighbors, some waiting for me to call them before they show up.  I have all my meds to take, walker to use and some other stuff.

Liz, you must eat.  At least have a meal once a day.  With protein.  I will be mad at you if you starve to death.If you really don't want to eat, how about a bowl of ice cream with chopped nuts and fruit on it?  That is fairly healthy and I know you like ice cream!
Barb

Ron Sower

We had a small order day...didn't take long...we'll be figuring out whether we'll ship or not next week while we're gone...I'll really just leave that up to Hieu...I'll be doing WC, filter cleanings, glass wipe downs, and topoffs tomorrow and Sunday.

Temps at 114* today and sunny...The cold water is coming out of the tap at about 93* these days!...I took a shower with just the cold water on :D :D :D...we keep RO water in the fridge and drink that all day...

Well, after the club meeting fiasco last weekend, the council has decided not to meet at OSF next month...so now I'll work on reserving Dennys and canceling OSF....in that order!!!

We learned something today about one of the couples we are socializing with...they called at 5:15 to see if we wanted to go to Red Robin for dinner...so that taught us they are sometimes a last minute, spur of the moment dinner couple like we tend to be!!!... |^| |eat|...the burger was good!...

Have a good sleep gals and guys!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron