• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 10:30:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,323
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 387
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 184
Total: 184

Thirsty Thursday

Started by Ron Sower, July 14, 2022, 10:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I woke up in the early morning hours and again just a few minutes ago with a really dry mouth... I don't think I Drank enough water yesterday... Miss Lucy was in bed most of the day with aches and nausea, and I was wracked with pain, aching all over all day... that second Covid booster bombed us... I think it's worse than the last one, I know it is for her... I'm glad I still had some Vicodin left over.

I called our young buddy, Phuoc, over early to help with the job Lucy usually does, which is bagging the plants... I was able to pull them all and do some of the Bagging... Today is going to be another slow day because I still have minor aches and a light headache... But I do have a Plant order coming in and some that Phuoc brought me last night after picking them up at a friend's house, to process into tanks...the outdoor tanks are hitting 88° - 90°... Most of the plants are still looking OK, and the guppies, Metallicus and swordtails are doing fine...

The temp today will reach 109...still warm and the AC runs constantly in the afternoons now...

I'll be off in a few minutes to do maintenance on my 1 customer's office tank...you guys have a great day!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Those aches and pains and zero energy is why I haven't had my booster.  Every Covid vaccination I've ever had has whupped my ass and I don't need to feel any worse than I already do.

I called the pet store Wed and asked if my hillstream loaches were in.  They get their fish delivery on Wed.  The wholesaler was sold  out.  I was so disappointed.  Now I'm stuck looking at that pretty tank with mystery snails and Bloody Mary shrimp.  There are so many nooks and crannies for hiding that I rarely even see the shrimp.  I sure hope they arrive next week.

Since I had been without a television for so many years I missed out on a lot of shows that I wish I could have seen and the ends of some series that I hated having missed.  I wanted to see Breaking Bad because the show was so well received by the critics.  I discovered that Philo was showing it so I subscribed free for a week to decide if I wanted to buy the subscription.  I am mot exaggerating when I say that what I was able to watch was half ads and half program.  It wasn't worth it.  I was staying awake when I should have been asleep watching stupid ads so I unsubscribed before they made me pay.

We had a little splash of rain yesterday afternoon but not a real rain.  Last night there was thunder and lightning but when I went out to feed Charlotte it didn't look like no more rain had fallen.  It's still hot and humid but it is overcast and they say we have a good chance of showers and thorms all afternoon.

I had to remove mama Discus from dad and the kids because she was picking on her husband.  The poor sweet dude just took it, but I didn't like it and I was worried that she might start eating the babies.  The older kids are finally starting to eat a little BBS.  Still, they all spend most of their time eating from dad.  I feel sorry for him because he's feeding so many babies for one fish.  But every day the fry grow and soon they will be eating more BBS and leaving dear old dad along more.

I'm sold out of Black Ram pairs until my juvies mature a bit more.  They are growing very fast so it won't be long.  Willie, I will have some Dutch Blue's from Tristan's line ready to go in about month.  They are the same as the German Blues as far as I can tell.

Ron, I hope that you and Miss Lucy get to feeling better soon.  Barb, I has your rain stopped yet?  Take care everyone and be happy.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz, I am definitely interested in the Dutch Blues. From what I've read they are the same species. Let me know when they are ready. I'll send you a PM in a couple of weeks so we won't forget. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Barb

HI eveybody, I am very busy these days getting myself and house and cats and fish ready for after my surgery.  So many things have to be changed around here beforehand.  Dr. visits too, major shopping for everything I will need for at least 2 weeks or longer. I don't want to have to ask neighbors or friends to shop for me.  It is still raining off and on every day, and weeds are growing like weeds, LOL. 

Sorry you all have had bad reactions to the vaccines.  I have had all 4 and only #1 made me a bit tired, chills, achy.  GThe next 3 had no reaction at all, even though I was expecting something.  Hope you all feel better real soon.  I am back to mask wearing out in public until my surgery.  Don't want to risk even a cold which would cancel the surgery.  Tomorrow is my big pre op at the hospital.  You all be good...
Barb

wsantia1

Barb I have never had a reaction to the COVID shots and I had all 4. I also never stopped wearing my mask when I go into stores or in any crowded situations. I just don't feel comfortable without the mask.

Today I am treating my next door neighbors to a Chinese food because they have COVID and are basically isolated. They are good people and we the neighbors have decided to help them in this way until they get well.

Liz did you mean me instead of Ron on your last post? ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I did Willie.  Please forgive me.