• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 05:36:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 222
Total: 222

This looks good

Started by LizStreithorst, September 22, 2013, 07:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been hooked on Provolone of late.  Who knows why.  This looked appealing to me.  The Mozzarella has more texture than flavor.  The Provolone has flavor but lacks zip.  A good quality salami has all the zip this dish will need.  All it needs is green salad with good fresh lettuce with a home made olive oil and vinegar dressing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2013, 07:48:06 PM
I've been hooked on Provolone of late.  Who knows why.  This looked appealing to me.  The Mozzarella has more texture than flavor.  The Provolone has flavor but lacks zip.  A good quality salami has all the zip this dish will need.  All it needs is green salad with good fresh lettuce with a home made olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Does sound good....we had an Italian deli down the street from a place that I worked at....I'd go and get the Prosciutto di Parma, Capicola, and Provolone on fresh baked rolls, topped with their homemade giardiniera......they were some of the best sandwiches I've ever eaten....MMMmmm
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

As the day started off really cool for the first day of fall and cold wet weather settled into the area....A thought came to me as to what should we have for dinner??!!  yep...Chili with corn bread!!

Mugwump

We had a corned beef in the slow cooker while we were gone to the swap....it smelled awful good in here when we returned  ;D...but gotta admit the thought of that salad with the provolone and stuff, or the chili and corn bread....are making me hungry again  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 22, 2013, 07:48:06 PM

Where is the recipe Liz?

LizStreithorst

Dang, I forgot to attach it!  I'll find it when I get home from work.
Always move forward. Never look back.