• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 17, 2024, 10:28:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,396
  • Total Topics: 18,558
  • Online today: 304
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 257
Total: 257

Finally Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, March 11, 2022, 11:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Good morning friends. 

Yesterday was a lovely day.  Of course I didn't get all the stuff done that I wanted to but I sure must have warn myself out.  I got into bed to watch some tube before going to sleep and before I knew it I totally zonked.  I missed waking up for my 11 o'clock meds.  When I opened my eyes and walked into the kitchen to take them I was amazed that it was 5 am!  Needless to say since I missed a dose today is a bad back day.  I'm still cheerful, just moving very slowly.

It will get up to 75 today.  And then we get the big shock.  It will drop down to freezing overnight.  I'm afraid that I won't get any blueberries this year.  Baring a miracle the flowers will freeze.  I finally found some broccoli plants at the feed store and got them planted yesterday.  They're leggy from being in those small pots for too long.  I'm worried about them since they're not established but I'll cover them with a tarp and hope for the best.

I've got my Chinese BBQ pork in the oven.  I'll have a wonderful meal and tomorrow I'll use some of the left overs to make egg rolls...finally.  I got a load of dog laundry hanging out to dry.  Yesterday I did a few loads of human, chicken, and dog laundry.  I wanted to get as much washed and hung out before the brutal cold hits.  I need to fill up the chicken feeder again.  Those guys can sure put the laying pellets away.

What are y'all up to today?  Barb will you be getting this cold front next?  I hope not.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. It was supposed to get up to 60 degrees today but it looks like we won't get a degree above 55. It is sunny out but it feels colder much than the 55 for sure.

Tomorrow will be a challenging day because while we are forecasted to get rain most of the day. Some of the suburbs north and west of us are supposed to get some snow. If our forecast is a couple of degrees lower than expected we can end up getting between 1 and 3 inches snow tomorrow morning ourselves.

I had another lousy night of sleep last night so I see myself taking a nap in my recliner in a little while. If I try to take a nap in the bed I can see myself over napping and I don't want to do that.

When I get up from my nap I have to do water changes on the guppy tanks. I'll check in a little later to see how you all are doing.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Liz and Willie, yes the cold will be here too >:(  In the mid to high 20's.  And I have so much with new baby leaves.  Sure hope it is warm enough to keep them from turning black.  Very stressful  Today has been cold, and tomorrow wind and rain hit. Oh well, as the saying goes "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb"   I am dragging today, my mom called me twice in the middle of the night, I will have to do something about the phone they gave her.  I told her not to call me if it is dark outside, but she won't remember.  She told me this morning I would have to bring her dinner tonight, I asked why, and she said she had no food for dinner.  Her mind comes and goes.  Now off to fix my dinner, homemade veg/beef soup and good bread.  I love my soups.
Barb