• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 06:07:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

Injection Friday

Started by wsantia1, February 18, 2022, 06:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Today's the day I go for my second shot. I now know what to expect so I'm not worried about it this time. What I am worried about is this major storm that is passing through. Wind are gusting up to 60 mph but they have been blowing hard all night. The storm will clear out in a few minutes but we will be left with high winds and temps plunging (currently 66 degrees) into the mid 30 degree range.

My appointment is at 9:30 and I need to give myself an hour to get there so I will leave here around 8:00 am. First I have to feed the fishes and walk around the house to assess the conditions. My grill is still upright so that's a good thing.

BTW Kobe decided it was a good time to get a belly ache. He can be such a PITA when I have company. I gave him a Pepcid and that usually works after a while but I am a little anxious about leaving him with my company. He may have to hang out in the fishroom until I come back.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, good luck with the day, hope it all goes fine. Be careful out there in that weather.  Let us know later today how you and Kobe are.  It is also windy, rainy and very warm here.  67 right now.  Then cold again tonight.  Wondering how Liz came through that bad stuff yesterday? Ron how is it out west?  Hope everyone has a good day,
Barb

LizStreithorst

HI Willie.  Hope you managed OK driving in the bad weather.  Check in and tell us how it went when you get back.

Barb, the worst of the weather went north of here.  We had a good bit of wind but just a drizzling of rain.  It's cold this morning but they're saying it will warm up again Sunday.

Charlotte hurt her leg yesterday.  I slathered it with DMSO both yesterday and this morning.  She's better but still in pain.  If she's not significantly better tomorrow I'll make an appointment with Lowell to come for a farm call.

April said she'd come tomorrow to help me with my new printer.  My old one only worked with up to Windows 10 and the new laptop is windows 11.  I tried and tried but had no luck setting the damn thing up.  Old people in general find tech to be over their heads.  Judy got a fire stick and cut off her $170. Dish Network subscription.  I need to tidy up a bit for April even though she knows that I'm a slob.

I'm waiting for free swimmers soon on one Discus pair and the other pairs eggs should start wiggling today.  2 pairs of rams are sitting on eggs in 5 gallon tanks in Pure RO. 

I need to run to town later today.  The chickens need more laying pellets and Charlotte needs more alfalfa cubes.  Also need to empty more of Charlottes food into buckets and carry them in the house.  That's all the excitement down here.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hi Barb and Liz. The shot went well this morning but I'm a little tired now. Thanks for asking. My appointment was after the rain stopped so that was a good thing but the wind was so strong that I had to drive my car like it had no power steering. I made it there and back safely.

I am going to get something to eat and then I and going to rest because I had a long night with the wind, rain and the anticipation of a shot. The doc said that I will be sore for a couple of days and then I should be much better.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I'll be darned. I had no soreness after my shots.  I didn't even have pain after he burned my nerves.  I wonder which of us has the more typical reaction.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 18, 2022, 05:42:36 PM
I'll be darned. I had no soreness after my shots.  I didn't even have pain after he burned my nerves.  I wonder which of us has the more typical reaction.

I should have said that "I may be sore". As of now I am not sore at all.
Willie