• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:39:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 259
Total: 259

The real Tuesday

Started by Barb, February 08, 2022, 05:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends. Sorry I missed you all yesterday.  It was a tough day for me, with my mom in the hospital.  No need to go into it all here in public.  I will pm you individually when I have news.  Also it was very cold and pouring rain yesterday.  And windy too.  It  is hard for me to remember a couple months ago when this area was in severe drought!  It will happen again I know.

In a few more weeks the early Spring trees will start greening up.  I always so enjoy seeing the first green leaves, usually on Weeping Willow trees in this area.  Followed by the white blooms on Bradford Pear trees.  Those are the first two.

I have fish tank work to do, may get started on them today.  Need to take down, clean and store 2 20 gal. tanks.  Liz I look forward to some BNs maybe next month when it warms up a bit.  I am still sad about the 6 clown plecos I got, that died quickly.  I am probably the only person you know who can keep discus successfully, but plain things like plecos, shrimp, etc. die here.  Must be the water here. 
You all have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I don't know how I didn't notice that yesterday was not Tuesday but it was cold and my brain was probably frozen.

It is a little warmer today with our current temp at 43 degrees which is also supposed to be our high temp. At least the sun is out now so it feels good.

I just got back in the house after getting a haircut and picking up Kobe's food & meds from the vet. It is crazy that his treats (Hills ZD) are on back order due to supply chain issues. Anytime I try to give him something else it doesn't take long before his diarrhea kicks in. huh I guess I'll have to begin looking for them online today.

Have a great day everyone and I'll check in later.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Willie, I didn't notice either.  I guess the only old person here who still has a brain is Barb.

It's a beautiful Springlike day.  I've already done WCs in the fish room and gave the chickens their treat.  They have to do without when it's cold and miserable out.  The chicks are almost chickens.  I opened their door so they can explore the whole wide world.  As long as they are smart enough to find their house I'll leave the door open.

I'm off to make egg rolls now.  Lots of prep and time involved but the results are worth it.  Plus it makes 24 egg rolls so I'll have lots to freeze for later.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I am so used to a desk top that I forget how portable a laptop is.  And since my printer doesn't work because drivers aren't available for it any more so I couldn't print the recipe. I feel like I've walked a mile from the kitchen to the office and back to check the recipe for the egg rolls.  I just took my afternoon dose of pain drugs.  After all the long prep work I need to rest a bit before I wrap the suckers which will be hard for me because it's my first time.  Cooking won't take long but I expect I'll have to make 24 because that's the number of egg roll wrappers in the package.  All I can say is that they had better turn out exquisite once I deep fry them.
Always move forward. Never look back.