• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 327
Total: 327

Swapping Sunday…

Started by Ron Sower, February 06, 2022, 09:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good morning!...

I've got everything ready and all the dry goods in the car...I'll load the plants and shrimp in last minute then go pick up Stan...

Have a good, all y'all...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. I've been out all day visiting with some friends. Just getting home a little while ago. I hope you all had great days.

Ron I also hope your swap went well. Have a great rest of the evening.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

HI friends,  All I've done today other than normal chores is block the dogs off from both ways into the kitchen, clean the floor to within an inch of it's life, and seal it with 2 coats of sealer.  I enjoyed myself, but had to take a nap after for the sake of my back.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Ron, Willie and Liz!  I have had a busy day, first going to the beach to visit the aquarium where I used to work as a volunteer every Wed. for 8 years.  It was my first time to be a visitor and not employee. Had a nice time, with only a few other visitors, they limit how many can come in at a time.  Wore a mask the whole time.  Afterwards I came back to my city to visit my mom in the hospital. She is responding very well to all the meds and good care there.  Not sure where she will be going next but will let you know.  See you here tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

Good news about your Mom, Barb....
Glad you got your kitchen floor clean, Liz....
Happy you could visit friends, Willie...

Swap meet was a total success...steady flow of attendees and I came home with more plants than I took, volume wise...and all the ones I took were sold or traded...I had one of my dragonstone creations in a 6 gallon globe that sold immediately before the swap opened...I bought some more Javanese rice fish and killifish from a region in Jordan..and some yellow shrimp to strengthen the genetic pool in my colony...
I saw some beautiful solid black angels that sold out quickly...

That's the recap of my day, folks...Goode ending to all...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Every time I walk into my kitchen, I smile.  My tile floor doesn't have a shiny glaze.  It's more like a satin glaze.  This sealer makes it shine.  Not enough to startle you with it's shininess but enough to make it look noticeably better.

After I gave it lots and lots of time to dry I made a marinade for a pork butt.  The pork is all slathered with marinade.  The marinade will infuse the pork with it's flavor over night.  Dinner tomorrow will be  https://thewoksoflife.com/chinese-bbq-pork-cha-siu/comment-page-60/#comment-462100 The next day I'll make these  https://thewoksoflife.com/takeout-egg-rolls/#recipe  I'll have lots to freeze.

Life is good.
Always move forward. Never look back.