• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 04:11:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 329
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 314
Total: 314

Happy Friday

Started by wsantia1, February 04, 2022, 05:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. If I told you that it is currently 61 degrees here you would think that I took too much of my meds but that is what it is, 61 degrees. Unfortunately that will be our high point as the temps go down from there. We are only getting rain from that big storm but it is on and off rain so I will be able to work around that.

I have some errands to run and I have to get a badly needed haircut. The barber that I go to had to shut down for a couple of weeks due to a Covid outbreak in her shop. They've been re-opened for a couple of weeks now so I feel pretty good about them being safe.

I'll be taking it easy and watching some Winter Olympics today because I may have overdone the fishroom stuff the last couple of days and I feel a little sore.

Have a great and safe day everyone, especially those of you that are in the path of this lousy storm.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Snowed in here in central Ohio.  Currently 15 °F but feels like 4° with the wind chill.  Forecast says snow will be over around noon, start digging out this afternoon.  I don't have anywhere I need to be so I can take until Monday to get things sorted out.

This years heirloom garden seeds are waiting for me at the Post Office.  If I get down that way, I'll probably start the onion seeds this weekend.

Have a great day folks!

Ron Sower

Hello Willie and Dennis, and other Muggers as you check in...

Woke up at 5... couldn't go back to sleep...probably because I was waiting for to alarm to go off...so I began reading a book I'm almost finished with..."It's a Long Story: My Life" by Willie Nelson. It's a good read for me because I've loved his music since I first heard it...the guy just kept on in upbeat fashion no matter what knocked him down...

I'll be pulling plants early today because we're going to Florence to play cards and leaving at 11... if any more come in through the day I'll get them after we get home...

I got the Eheim set up on the new 75, and dumped in some good old filter sludge to seed the filter media....water should be clear when I get up and go see it in a bit...

Willie, you got some serious sinus-infection-weather going on there!...and Dennis, you got some serious don't-go-outside-weather going on in your neck of the woods...bet you're not riding you motorcycle today! ;D.    We'll be in mid-fifties I think...

Liz and Barb...what's going on with you two today?...

Well, I hope everyone has a good day...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  It sure is cold and miserable out but I'm snug, warm and content.  I turned off the heat last night and opened the front door for the dogs to go in and out.  I kept snug and warm under the electric blanket then when I woke up I turned the heat on, and got back into bed with the laptop until the house warmed up enough for me to go make a cup of tea.

I think Ill mop the grooming room floor today and re seal it.  That's where my poor little Tink has to pee when she has to go and I'm not around to open the door.  Unless I catch it right away it the pee sinks into the grout and when it's rainy and humid like yesterday it smells.  This will be the 4th time I've done this.  The sealer doesn't last forever.

No interesting news in the fish room.  I continue to have problems getting fertile eggs from both my Discus and Rams.  I can't figure it out for the life of me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I removed all the equipment out of the grooming room, mopped it twice and dried it before I put the first coat of sealer on.  After it had time to dry well I started adding the second coat when a chicken who has started laying in a corner of the grooming room walked in.  As far as I can tell, chicken footprints don't show.  Good thing because that was a good day's work.  Next up is to do the same to the kitchen floor.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Sounds like you had quite a productive day Liz. I played in the fishroom for a while. I cleaned off a 6 foot table that had all kinds of miscellaneous items on it. I sorted everything, found a place for everything and folded the table up and put it away. Now I have two more tables to do. I have a lot of stuff to throw out too.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.