• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:59:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 330
Total: 330

Wednesday, Liz's Birthday!

Started by Barb, December 15, 2021, 05:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi everybody, and Happy Birthday Liz.  Hope today is a good one for you, especially after the last few hard days.  The roller coaster weather continues here, very cold and very warm alternating.  20's yesterday morning, and up to 60 by lunch.  Today even warmer then back to cold. This is very strange for our area.

New houses are being built about 100 ft. behind my 6' fence.  If I didn't have my full yard fence I would sure be putting up one now.  And I am in the process of planting even more things that grow tall.  They cut down a forest behind me so I am making my own forest out there.  I have been told I can even plant trees outside my fence on land that I don't own.  I will.

I have a busy day today, helping my mom then meeting a friend for lunch downtown in a nice place.  Hope you all have good days.
Barb

wsantia1

Happy Birthday Liz. Wishing you a wonderful day. mim mim mim Good morning Barb and everyone. The weather is yo-yo like here too. We started the day at 33 degrees and it will be going up to the high 50s today. Tomorrow we will be in the 60s. I'll enjoy it while I can.

I'll be gone most of the day again. Doctor's appointment, haircut and last minute shopping will keep me busy. Starting tomorrow I'll have a week of quiet time before I head north to be with family. I have not seen my siblings in over two years so I am looking forward to visiting with a couple of them while I am in New York for Christmas.

Have a great day everyone. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

GOOD MORNING....! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MS LIZ...! 🎂🎂🎂🎂 mim mim mim mim. Doing anything special to celebrate?

It's 47 here and going to mid 50s today |brr| with plenty of sunshine to knock off the chill a little bit!...The up and down temps cause a lot of ppl to develop sinus infections ... I used to in Va and Wa...but not so much since moving to Az,  |^| ...knocking on wood right now!...

The last 3 nights we've had rain...last night the wind with it woke me...it was blowing the metal sunburst on the house outside my room and sounded like thunder...I wish these fronts coming in would trigger the Cories to breed at least in one of my tanks ;D...

Stan and I are going into Phoenix today to take a sub sandwich to a club members for lunch...he's raising some strains of rams that Stan wants to see and he's using some cheap plant lights that are working for him that I want to see... |^|. Three birds with one stone: lunch, fish, and plants!  |^| |^| |^|

Good on ya, Barb...get those trees in there...my cousin lives at the foot of a mountain in Wenatchee, and until about i years ago nothing was between them an the top of the mountain, until developers put in a subdivision right behind them...now they still have the view...just with houses in the foreground :-\

Quiet time, Willie?  What is that. ;) I thought I'd have some after the big club event, but hasn't turned out that way...golf cart decorating and parade (it was a hoot), inside decorating! And outside decorating, etc. water changes!

Pics I promised of the golf cart posted below...night pics with lights on sucked...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thank you for the well wishes my friends.  I have achieved lever 71 and am still on the green side of the dirt.  I have outlived my mother, father, brother and nephew.  Of the family.  I know nothing of my grand parents in England and Germany and their families.  Surely some blood relative must have been older.

It's been a great day.  I opened a gift my favorite customer gave me the last time I was here.  I'm saving the other for Christmas.  Barb sent me a lovely card and a Felder in the fish tank which I adore.  I took fish to the fish store and ran into an old fish buddy of mine.  It was Chef Andy.  It was about 6 years ago that we met.  He came into my shop in Ellisville because he heard from someone at the Jr. College where he works that I was a fish breeder.  I gave him fish and good advice.  I just gave him what I had because I liked him.  In return he did a fish room carpentry project that was easy for him but I was unable to do myself.  He switch from fresh water to salt and has all these clean sponges and other freshwater stuff to give me.  I really want the sponges badly and was planning to get 6 today.  I told him that he was giving me a birthday gift.  He'll come by tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Great looking golf cart Ron!!!  Bet it looked good all lit up too.  Tell Lucy she did good. you too!  Thanks for the pics/ Liz glad you had a good day, and Willie hope you got all rested up well after your busy day.
barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on December 15, 2021, 04:53:28 PM
Great looking golf cart Ron!!!  Bet it looked good all lit up too.  Tell Lucy she did good. you too!  Thanks for the pics/ Liz glad you had a good day, and Willie hope you got all rested up well after your busy day.
barb
thanks, Barb!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Hey, Liz, turns out that the fellow Stan and I went to see is Don Mertes...he said you taught him well on raising the rams and he loves you for it !...He's now starting discus and going to breed them...you should be proud of your student! His rams are gorgeous,
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I'm delighted to hear that, Ron.  I love sharing what I have learned with someone who wants to learn.  His rams are lovely.  I feel like a proud grandma.

ghonk

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 15, 2021, 06:36:40 PM
I'm delighted to hear that, Ron.  I love sharing what I have learned with someone who wants to learn.  His rams are lovely.  I feel like a proud grandma.
you should, and happy birthday...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst