• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 12:52:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 168
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

Wet Hump Day

Started by wsantia1, September 01, 2021, 08:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's probably going to be an interesting weather day here because the forecasters are all over the place with their projections of the remnants of Ida.

The most reliable forecast for me (Weather Underground) is projecting about a half an inch of rain here.  They are supposed to get much more to the north of us. Our winds will get as high as 20 mph which is kind of normal around here.

Our biggest concern will be that they are saying that our ground is saturated and that we may have some tornadoes spawning in the area.

Today is a taking Kobe to the vet day. He hasn't handled this summer well at all. Now he has a mild cough and I noticed a small and soft bump on his side by his rib cage. We'll see what the vet says. huh

Wishing you all a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie, Liz and Ron.  I got about 10 min. of hard rain awhile ago, the first rain in a couple weeks.  Finally.  Hope Ida doesn't do any damage for your area Willie, just some rain will be nice. Hope Kobe will be fine.  Let us know how he does at the vet.

I feel so sorry for those first hit by Ida.  It is just heartbreaking, and all those people in high heat with no AC or water or power at all.  I know Team Rubicon, all vets, will be down there for a long time helping out.  They were here 3 years ago in my city for months after Hurricane Florence which devastated this part of  NC. They set up a military type disaster prep. area a few miles from me, with their big tents, food area, personal hygeine area, medical unit, etc. It was a sight to see.   Also Billy Graham's volunteers, Samaritan's Purse, will be in full help mode for a long time too. Some are actually still in this area after 3 years, helping rebuild and other necessities for those who had no insurance. 
Barb

Ron Sower

Hello my Mugger friends!...

I'm pleased that you two had no problems with hurricane Ida...what about you, Liz?...Barb, I was working in your area right after Florence hit...that's when I had started working with Sandoz Pharm....I remember seeing some of the destruction there...

Willie, I hope that lump is just a fatty tumor that will go nowhere...

I got a bunch of the plants in my tanks yesterday...I ended up with about 30 Cryptcoryne wendtii!...they usually go pretty good at auctions and swaps...I'll take a few to the swap at our Ice Cream Social meeting this Sunday, then a bunch to our swap in October...

Since I'm expanding my number of tanks in my aquarium room, I guess i need to order a larger, more efficient pump from Jehmco... I like those guys...John, there, doesn't steer you wrong...you just tell him what your plans are and he helps you work out what you need...

I have a doc appt at 2:30, so if I plan to get anything done...now is the tim to start!..

Happy day you guys!... 8)

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Just an update friends: Kobe little bump appears to be a fatty tumor that we will monitor. As far as his heart murmur, it hasn't changed so we will keep doing what we are doing. Overall he is doing ok. He needs to lose a couple of pounds though so I need to cut back on his treats a little bit.

As for Ida, the bulk of the storm is past me but it looks like we will soon get hit by the tail end of what is now tropical depression Ida.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 01, 2021, 01:53:13 PM
Just an update friends: Kobe little bump appears to be a fatty tumor that we will monitor. As far as his heart murmur, it hasn't changed so we will keep doing what we are doing. Overall he is doing ok. He needs to lose a couple of pounds though so I need to cut back on his treats a little bit.

As for Ida, the bulk of the storm is past me but it looks like we will soon get hit by the tail end of what is now tropical depression Ida.
...Hooray for positive outcomes...!  |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon lady and gents.  Willie, I'm glad to hear the good report on Kobi.

I had a spawn of Rams go free swimming today.  I think another pair is sitting on eggs or acting like they are.  Pair number 3 are ignoring each other but they've only been together for a couple of days.

The pain doctor visit was same old same old.  It's nice to have a back that doesn't kill me even if it's for just a couple of hrs.  My appointment for the nerve burning is Sept. 16th.   Dr. Leigh says that 2/3rds of patients get relief from the nerve burning.  I hope I'm in the majority.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 01, 2021, 02:48:41 PM
Good afternoon lady and gents.  Willie, I'm glad to hear the good report on Kobi.

I had a spawn of Rams go free swimming today.  I think another pair is sitting on eggs or acting like they are.  Pair number 3 are ignoring each other but they've only been together for a couple of days.

The pain doctor visit was same old same old.  It's nice to have a back that doesn't kill me even if it's for just a couple of hrs.  My appointment for the nerve burning is Sept. 16th.   Dr. Leigh says that 2/3rds of patients get relief from the nerve burning.  I hope I'm in the majority.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day.

Thanks Liz. I hope you are in the majority with the procedure too. My main pair of Black Rams is sitting on wigglers as of this morning. The good thing is that I have nothing on my schedule for the next month that will take me away from them. Fingers crossed once again. BTW I just got a tornado warning for my area. Time to close this down and go hang out in the fish room. huh
Willie