• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 17, 2024, 10:23:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,396
  • Total Topics: 18,558
  • Online today: 304
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268

Wet Monday

Started by wsantia1, August 23, 2021, 06:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is still raining lightly here but that is mostly from swirling bands of rain from Henri. I'm sure glad that it is almost over. My grass which was brown despite all of the watering that I've done this summer is now a lush green. Even with the heat wave we have coming over the next 4 days (90+) I have decided to put away the sprinkler for the season.

It's going to be a busy day for me starting with PT at 9:30 this morning. At noon I am going to get a Covid-19 test even though I feel fine because it's the right thing to do after all of the exposure I had over the last few days. I want my neighbors to stay safe and I will stay away from them until I get my results.

After that I will get busy with some water changes and tank wipe downs but first I will need to change the carbon block filter on my cold water faucet in the basement because the water flow is terrible.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good morning Willie.  Great that you have enough rain for your lawn now.  Everything is green here too, at least for now, that could change fast if it gets dry again.  Watching the pictures of Henri, I see that others are now getting what usually comes here or south of here or the gulf states.  What you see in the news is what we get here, almost yearly.  No fun at all is it?  My city is still recovering from Hurricane Florence that hit here 3 years ago with terrible flooding.  It is foggy this morning, have a few errands to get done today after the fog lifts.  You all have a good day,
Barb

Ron Sower

Good afternoon, boys and girls!... ;D

Woke up at 10 this morning...weird...felt no pain in my back or knee/leg...and the knee wasn't stiff...starting to feel it now, but it was nice while it lasted...I didn't walk as much yesterday...maybe I needed a rest from exercise...

Not much going on today...fellow contacted me for some yellow shrimp...he's going to figure out a day he can come by on his lunch hour and pick them up.... Yesterday I set up one of my recently bought CO2 systems on a 2nd 20L tank so it would cut on when the lights cut on...I've got to adjust the 1st 20L setup to do the same...it will take 10 minutes...then I think I'll do some planting of some cuttings Stan and Barb gave me...

Hey Willie...want me to send you some cacti...? :D :D :D  Then you won't have to water your lawn!!!...
Re: PT...they've switched me to 2 days a week from 3...I think they're tired of me :P :P :P ...

Hope all of you Have a good day and happy aquariuming!... 8) 8) 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron