• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 16, 2024, 02:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,396
  • Total Topics: 18,558
  • Online today: 320
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 255
Total: 255

Top O Tuesday to you

Started by LizStreithorst, August 17, 2021, 11:41:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Morning friends.  My TENS unit arrived yesterday.  I was too pooped out from working the day before to mess with it, but I have it on now.  It sure 'nough don't feel like much, but I guess I'll see.  Later I'll try it on my left shoulder that has been giving me problems for the past couple of weeks.  I may take it to the pain doctor tomorrow to show me exactly where on my back to place it.  I have it where the pain is, I think.

I paid some bills earlier.  I need to head to the grocery store today.  I think I'll get a nice catfish filet and make catfish almondine.  It sounds fancy but is really quite easy.  The flavor is delicate yet rich due to all the butter in it. 

Charlotte accepted being locked up better than the night before.  She did go up the road again but she walked up instead of galloping up and later she came back home.

Last night I sat out in the pasture and watched the humming bird moths dive in to my moonflowers just like I would love to if I could.  I've never had such a reaction to a flower before.

Hope everyone has a good day.  I guess we won't be hearing from Willie until he comes back with wedding pictures. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Liz, glad you got the TENS, hope it will help a bit  Turn it up, if it is adjustable.  You want to really feel the tingling from it.  I knew Charlotte would adjust.  She has a good life, now she can help you make some real good soil conditioner.  Your fish dinner sounds great.  Long ago in Biloxi we used to go to a seafood place on the water, who had the most fabulous Snapper Almondine, never had it since.  I remember each entree with a salad and baked potato cost $7.50, that was an expensive dinner out for us in the mid 70's. 

My daughter and son in law ate at a Ruth Chris steakhouse the other night.  Their meal cost $200 plus a $40 tip!  He got lamb chops, she got a steak.  The lobster mac and cheese was $35, his chops were $65  her steak was $60...........I will never be going there. She said every table was in use too.   Any of you go???
Barb

LizStreithorst

There was one just up the road from where I worked.  I ate there several times.  Their steaks and everything else they serve are superbe.  The first time I went was when I treated the Bad Man I was living with at the time.  He felt uncomfortable there.  I liked it.  So the next 2 times I went was by myself with something to read.  I was working back then and didn't worry about the money

Ron Sower

Good morning!...

Yesterday was a doozie...! I had a morning appt with my PCP who is 30 minutes away and halfway there his office called and said he had to leave for an emergency at home...I was to pick up some plants nearby his office, so Lucy drove me on over there and I got them....

Soon after we got home Stan picked me up and we went to my one aquarium maintenance customer I have... again, Stan did the water bucket schlepping for me...I offered him money again and this time he said for me to do whatever I want...so I'm gonna pay him for driving and helping me...

Lucy and Barb had gone shopping and I totally spaced on my 4pm PT appt...and about 4:30 I got a call from the PT office...oh boy, I thought...I've blown it!...but no...they switched some people around and work we'd me in...they were concerned that something had happened to me because I hadn't missed any sessions and was always early...I called Stan and he took me, so I got in my session, for which I was very happy, because I like to see my improvements...it was evaluation day and I seem to be well and still ahead of expectations...

Ol Charlotte knows which side of her bread is buttered!... ;)

I haven't tried the TENS on my sciatic pain again...guess I should, but I think it's more for muscle pain, not nerve...Lucy's using it on her wrist and getting relief, so that's good...

I hope Willie has a good time at the wedding...and drinks some champagne  mim mim mim

I'm going to go for a long walk now, come back and rest a bit then putz in the fish room...

You guys have a wonderful day and happy aquariuming!... :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, you had a very weird day but you handled it well doing what you could when you could.  You're PT people are nice folks.