• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:01:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 326
Total: 326

Happy Hump Day

Started by Barb, August 11, 2021, 07:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Hi Friends, I just did a minute of research on TENS units.  I suggest the 3 of you check out online, WalMart.com--- TENS unit.  They have lots of them, different prices, you choose.  No need to get one from your Dr. and worry about insurance paying.  They are not expensive, and so many available now, this is why insurance is not paying for them I bet.

It will be another hot day here, typical Aug. weather.  I need to clean out my pond filters again. they get clogged with algae so fast.  Remember, NEVER build a pond in full sun unless it is filled with plants, mine is not, they hate this water here.  Hope you all have a good day!
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. It is going to be hot as hell here. It is already 77 degrees and we will get up to 94 with high humidity. I did notice that we are a bit of rain last night so it feels kind of steamy.

I am leaving for an appointment with the back doctor in a few. I will ask her how she feel about the TENS machine. Barb I looked at those machines and am leaning heavily towards getting one of those. I will see which one my doctor recommends.

I think the PT folks like to recommend the real high cost machines. The fact that they would have someone call me about a $1000+ machine makes me feel like they are getting a kickback. Medicare actually approves this machine up to 80% and my secondary would pay the rest but what if I don't like it? huh No I'm going to do Walmart.

When I get back I have to jump right into my water changes. I've got lots of work to do in the coming week. Did I mention that my daughter is getting married again next week?  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning friends.  What do y'all think about this one?  The many ratings are sure good.  https://www.amazon.com/TENS-7000-Digital-Unit-Accessories/dp/B00NCRE4GO/ref=sr_1_6?crid=X3OT3WDZ4BL8&dchild=1&keywords=tens+unit+for+back+pain+%26+sciatica+pain&qid=1628686029&sprefix=tens+unit%2Caps%2C259&sr=8-6

It'll be hot here today, too.  They say there's a good chance of showers later in the afternoon.  I hope they're right.  I've got to go to hattiesburg to the vet later to pick up more meds for my little Tink.  May also stop by the LPS to see Twee.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz that is the same one I have!  I paid my PT clinic $50 for it, 10 yrs ago, I see they made a big profit on it.  Give it a try and see if it helps you. I think it will, at least some.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on August 11, 2021, 01:08:36 PM
Liz that is the same one I have!  I paid my PT clinic $50 for it, 10 yrs ago, I see they made a big profit on it.  Give it a try and see if it helps you. I think it will, at least some.
Barb

I'm getting one too. I am also getting extra pads and the gel.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I'm considering this one, too.  It costs more but instructions are not as complicated as the other one and it's wireless so I can do thing while wearing it without worrying about breaking the wires.  https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Accessories-Electronic-Electrodes-Stimulator/dp/B08BBFJ83Y/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=omega+tens+unit&qid=1628711004&sr=8-5

Barb

I like that one Liz, if I get another it will be that one.  I like the idea of wireless.  And those large pads will be perfect to put on your back. You too Willie!
Barb

LizStreithorst

I'm going to take the plunge and buy the wireless one now.  I've spent so much money on so many things that didn't help me that I've become leary of spending any more.  I'll let y'all know how I like it after it arrives.

Ron Sower

Crap!...I had a whole 4 paragraphs written and got the notice about Liz's latest post and opened it...whe I came back to my post I was writing it wasn't saved...

Well, guess I'll just start again...

Thanks for the research you're doing Barb & Liz...
Willie, what did your doc say?

The night before my surgery at our meeting auction, I won a very nice young pair of sailfin mollies...today I noticed 7 or 8 fry in the tank...this makes me happy!...they are in with a young pair of red mosaic dumbo eared guppies I've raised and kept out of their litter, and she looks like she'll drop her first litter in a week or so... ;D ...if I'm gonna get serious about breeding fish, I guess I should start a bbs hatching system!...

Once again, I started this and got waylaid... huh ...I give up... wfwf

Happy aquariuming everyone!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 11, 2021, 05:43:37 PM
Crap!...I had a whole 4 paragraphs written and got the notice about Liz's latest post and opened it...whe I came back to my post I was writing it wasn't saved...

The night before my surgery at our meeting auction, I won a very nice young pair of sailfin mollies...today I noticed 7 or 8 fry in the tank...this makes me happy!...they are in with a young pair of red mosaic dumbo eared guppies I've raised and kept out of their litter, and she looks like she'll drop her first litter in a week or so... ;D ...if I'm gonna get serious about breeding fish, I guess I should start a bbs hatching system!...

Ron, my doc told me to get an inexpensive one.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

LizStreithorst

Excellent!  Which one are you going to buy?

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 11, 2021, 06:13:05 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on August 11, 2021, 05:43:37 PM

Ron, my doc told me to get an inexpensive one.  |^| |^| |^|
...mine indicated that by sayin they weren't that expensive!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Hi Mugger Peeps!...

I looked up that unit from your post, Liz...
Thanks for the research, Barb...
Willie, what did your doc say about TENS?...

Once I got to sleep last night around 1:30 I slept til 6:30 when I heard soft rain ☔️ on our roof and I laid in bed catnapping until 8:30....I couldn't go to sleep last night due to the constant dull sciatic pain...couldn't get in a position to relieve it...sooooo...I got one of my icy cold gel packs and placed it under my lower back...soon the area was numb and I went to sleep!! |^|

The day before surgery I picked up a lovely young but mature pair of sailfin mollies...I love them...while in college we went to Florida to my roomie's home and we would go out and net them in the roadside ditches!... well this morning I was putzing in the fishroom and noticed I have at least 7 molly fry in the tank...that's what I'm looking for!  ;D  I have a pair if nice red red mosaic dumbo guppies in that tank also and she could drop her first litter in the next week or 2... that would be nice too!...guess I should set up a bbs hatchery if I'm gonna get serious about breeding and raising fish...

An interesting thing occurred this morning...a person I know who has done an online business selling aquatic plants, has offered to hook me up with his growers in Asia if I wanted to start an aquatic plant business....it's a good opportunity, but I'm afraid that to do it right would take a lot of time and make my hobby into a business....Miss Lucy likes the idea because she doesn't like being on a fixed income... ::)

Happy aquariuming, guys and gals!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 11, 2021, 06:26:33 PM
Excellent!  Which one are you going to buy?

Liz I'm getting the one you are getting. Thanks Barb.
Willie