• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 08, 2024, 01:51:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,381
  • Total Topics: 18,554
  • Online today: 229
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Very foggy Sunday

Started by Barb, August 08, 2021, 06:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends!  I can hardly see past my backyard, the fog is so thick.   Hope it isn't smoke.  Yesterday it rained all day, got sunny just before dark though, that was rather strange.  I had a busy day yesterday getting ready for my visitors today.  Daughter and son in law will be here for several hours.  I look forward to their visit.  Maybe we will see sun later on, hope so.

Willie, sorry to hear of your neighbor's dog.  It  is always so sad.  But sounds like you had some fun at the party. 

Liz we have the cute little green Anoles here, I used to call them chameleons but they aren't.  I saw a baby one the other day, body was 1" and tail the same.  Ron, tell us about your reptiles out west.  Do you have them in your yard?  I remember a funny story, when I was very little, my family was taking a trip cross country from CA to MD, by car of course.  In a desert my father stopped to get out and do his business, a very wet lizard went running off when he peed on it by accident.  As little kids, my brother and I laughed and joked about that for hours I remember.  We were very young.

You all have a good day,
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. We finally got rain during the night and it looks like it was pretty heavy based on all of the puddles around the area. We really needed it.

Today it is going to be sunny with high temps getting up to 84 degrees. I will say that our weather people have been wrong a lot this summer so I really can't go by their forecasts anymore.

I'm in the fishroom at the moment but I didn't get good sleep last night so I may take a nap before I start messing around down here. I don't want to make any costly mistakes.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Barb and Willie.  I hope you have a lovely time tomorrow.  I'll give you a call Monday evening and we can chat.

I'm going to do maintenance on my house tanks today.  I wish I could get rid of the damn duck weed but I'm afraid I'm stuck with it forever.

I sold a pair of rams to a repeat customer last night.  It was my young pair with the black male and gold female.  My pair with both male and female black are guarding their eggs.  If these weren't fertile they'd have turned white by now.  It looks to be a nice big spawn.  I'm looking forward to seeing what they will produce.  I hope I get both blacks and golds from these.

I tried calling my SIL in Rio on whatsapp this morning but the connection was impossible.  I emailed her and told her we'd try later.  Maybe I should try calling from the top of a hill rather than from this hole I live in.

Hope you both and Ron all have a good day.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hello fish fans!...

Did a water change in the Tetra tank this morning and putzed in the fishroom total about 1.5 hours...trying to build up a little stamina...also cleaned the AquaClear 110HOB on the Congo tank...it was a real mess!...

One of the most common toads we have here is the Colorado River Toad, aka Sonoran Desert Toad...it has more poison in its skin glands than most toads and has been known to kill small dogs that grab it in their mouths, and can make humans pretty sick from handling it...There are several different species of rattlesnakes in Az, including the cool sidewinder...and several species of constrictors including bull snakes which kill and eat rattlers... Sonoran Desert Tortoises are seen occasionally in the uninhabited desert areas... a wonderful FB group I belong to is Sonoran Desert Wildlife...you can look it up if you like...some wonderful photos and stories about what these people see while out and about...even some backyard wildlife too...many amazing photographers in the group...

I've been out to eat several times at fast food joints...it bothers my back more than my knee....tonight we've been invited to my eBay buddy's newly purchased home for a housewarming party...looking forward to going to see the house, meet his family, and eat authentic Vietnamese food that his grandmother is preparing!...don't know how long I'll feel like staying so I've told him I may not stay long...

Tomorrow is the pain doc follow up on gabapentin and tramadol results...I'm going to ask about the TEMS unit too...

Have a good rest of you day guy and gals... happy aquariuming y'all...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Down here in my neck of the woods we have Copper Head snakes and one other poisonous one whose name I can't remember.  I've come across several sunning themselves in a place like the burn pile.  They like having wood to hide in.  I grew up with only garter snakes but I've learned that the snake doesn't want to see me any more than I like seeing them.  I just leave them alone.

The only snake I've ever killed was a good snake.  Country folks call them Chicken snakes but they mostly eat rodents.  I caught that cursed thing when I went to collect eggs and the snake had one of my eggs half way down his gullet.  I pulled it out and chopped it's head off with shovel.  I'm fine with live and let what is given to me by my hens us crossing the line.

I  saw the Black ram pair getting fewer and fewer.  It's a funny thing how you can read the mind of a type of fish but I can sure read my Rams.  I guessed by their body language that they still had kids they were caring for.  I figured out when I changed water in their tank that the babies weren't Benin the piece of driftwood with anubias.  I can't see them but I know that they moved their new wigglers to the top of the sponge. 

I can't decide whether or not to call the pain doctor tommorrow  for an appointment.  I want to honestly state what I estimate my pain level.  I can handle a lot of pain.  It's in my nature to underestimate the amount of pain I feel at any given time.  At the same time both the doctor and I know that I need the nerve numbing procedure.  My dead nephew's wife will come from London with Tom and her son who looks just like his father.  She feels in emails and talked over WhatsApp.  She feels like a sister in my heart.  I really do not want to seem be in this state of decay.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 08, 2021, 07:15:39 PM
Down here in my neck of the woods we have Copper Head snakes and one other poisonous one whose name I can't remember.  I've come across several sunning themselves in a place like the burn pile.  They like having wood to hide in.  I grew up with only garter snakes but I've learned that the snake doesn't want to see me any more than I like seeing them.  I just leave them alone.

The only snake I've ever killed was a good snake.  Country folks call them Chicken snakes but they mostly eat rodents.  I caught that cursed thing when I went to collect eggs and the snake had one of my eggs half way down his gullet.  I pulled it out and chopped it's head off with shovel.  I'm fine with live and let what is given to me by my hens us crossing the line.

I  saw the Black ram pair getting fewer and fewer.  It's a funny thing how you can read the mind of a type of fish but I can sure read my Rams.  I guessed by their body language that they still had kids they were caring for.  I figured out when I changed water in their tank that the babies weren't Benin the piece of driftwood with anubias.  I can't see them but I know that they moved their new wigglers to the top of the sponge. 

I can't decide whether or not to call the pain doctor tommorrow  for an appointment.  I want to honestly state what I estimate my pain level.  I can handle a lot of pain.  It's in my nature to underestimate the amount of pain I feel at any given time.  At the same time both the doctor and I know that I need the nerve numbing procedure.  My dead nephew's wife will come from London with Tom and her son who looks just like his father.  She feels in emails and talked over WhatsApp.  She feels like a sister in my heart.  I really do not want to seem be in this state of decay.
...was the other snake the cottonmouth water moccasin?...its mouth is totally white inside...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Yeah, that's what it's called.