• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 10:36:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 321
Total: 321

Hot Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, July 27, 2021, 10:48:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all well.

It is a hot day here in the middle of Delaware with the current temp at 93 degrees which already exceeds the forecasted high of 92 and it is still morning. The feels like temp is 99F and at this time there is only a 3% chance of rain. huh

I am just getting home from PT and after I putz around in the fishroom for a little while I will be headed to the dentist for a cleaning.

I am seriously thinking about finding a new dentist but we'll see how things go today. If they are way behind schedule I'll cancel my appointment and look for a new dentist.

What's going on in your world? Wishing you all the best.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning Willie and the rest of the gang later.  How'd the PT go this time?  I guess I'm lucky.  It's only 89 here. 

I reworked my mealworm cultures earlier.  They were about out of the wheat bran that is both their bedding and food.  There were actual mealworms, even many large ones, that had hatched out in the beetle's box.  Since the mealworms eat the beetles I had a lot of sifting and separating the different stages into the correct containers.  It's kind of boring work but I can do it sitting down.

I finally got up the guts to turn over the soil in the garden where I want to plant the wildflowers.  To my surprise I got it all done, and almost all raked smooth.  If I manage to get the energy up after I take my noon meds I'll be able to finish it up and get my seeds planted. 

Of course the lawn needs mowing and more dead cleome needs pulling, and the fence row needs round upping but I'll get to those things as I can.

Barb, Ron and Dennis tell us what y'all are up to today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Hurray for me.  I worked up the garden, got the seeds planted, gently raked over and walked in.  It amazes me that something that used to be a couple hour straight work turned out to take me several days.  I don't like to water in the heat of the day but I brought the sprinkler from the vegetable garden and it's ready to go to work for me late in the evening so I can water the seeds in.

Ron Sower

Hey gang!...

Just finished my morning routine of stretches and walking forwards, backwards and sideways. ...yesterday's PT was good...i go in dreading it and come out bushed but refreshed...and I'm seeing daily progress now!...Coming out yesterday I was off the walker and using my cane...still keeping walker nearby because sometimes I don't feel stable, especially when I first get up in mornings and at the end of the day...

Slept better last night with less sciatic pain...pain doc and I discussed how to manage night pain better...we settled on trying gabapentin for 2 weeks...so I'm replacing my night oxy with it...

The fish are looking good...I'm able to get in there and watch them a little now...without regular WCs there is some algae buildup on the Congo tank...I did a WC on it last night but did not wipe the glass down...it'll be okay and I'll get it in a week or so...did the test strips on it yesterday and all's well...

Stan is going to take me to my customer in a little bit and he's going to do the maintenance for me...I hope to be able to do it myself in 2 weeks...

All for now...you guys keep on aquariuming!!! :D :D :D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It sounds like a hard row to hoe but you're hoeing it, Ron.  Keep it up.  You'll make it to the end of that row.  It's feels so good to me that you are staying optimistic.  I do my best to be optimistic, but sometimes I get really down in the dumps.  Not today, thank God.  Not yesterday either.

I can't believe that you had to suggest gabapentin to your doctor.  It's the first choice for nerve pain and it's not addictive like oxy.  I had and still have my doubts about the Tramadol.  Is it still working for you?

Barb

Hi gang!  It is blazing hot out there today. Last I looked it was 97 and humid.  I would like to be out working in the yard like you are Liz, but I just can't take it.  But glad you did, and a lot you did too!.  Ron sounds like you are coming along real well post surgery. And Willie hope your dentist visit went well.  I have a great dentist, she is the best I have ever had.  She is about 45, Chinese, very compassionate and kind, and does great work, can't ask for more.

Liz I forgot to answer your question yesterday, I had a wonderful ferry-riding day on Sat. Rode 2 different ones a total of  55 miles.  And drove about 200 to and from, and spent some time out on a beach I had not been to.  Left home at 7am, got home 10pm.   You all have a good evening!
Barb