• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 248
Total: 248

Water lettuce

Started by Jdmcfast, October 15, 2012, 09:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmcfast

If anyone is interested in some water lettuce I need to thin out some of my tanks. It is an excellent floating plant and a good nitrate absorber and is big enough that you can control easier than some floating plants such as duckweed. They grow anywhere from 3/4 in up to 5 in in diameter.
Josh

LizStreithorst

I want some.  Please PM me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Jdmcfast

Josh

Mugwump

I may try some too...just for something different. How fast does it multiply?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

You may be out of luck, Mug.  I want enough for 10 tanks between 60 and 100 gallons.  I don't know how many he has, but I might have bought him out.

Jo

I want some too if there is any left  ;)
Jo

Jdmcfast

Quote from: Mugwump on October 15, 2012, 12:11:04 PM
I may try some too...just for something different. How fast does it multiply?
Depends on the light the more light the faster and bigger it grows, it multiplies fairly quick in my planted display tanks but doesn't really multiply at ask in my breeding and fry tanks so it evens out for me. It doesn't multiply nearly as fast as duckweed plus its big enough that it doesn't get on everything and is very easy to just remove some and put in another tank.
     Maybe I could trade som for some water sprite Jon?
Josh

Jdmcfast

When I get home I will have a better idea of what I will have left.
Thanks for the interest!
Josh

LizStreithorst

I don't mind taking fewer.  I don't want to hog them all and have my friends have to do without.

b125killer

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 15, 2012, 12:52:52 PM
I don't mind taking fewer.  I don't want to hog them all and have my friends have to do without.

I don't know why some person would have a problem with you Liz your such a sweetheart.
Scott

Mugwump

I don't think it takes much, as it'll spread somewhat.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

I use it in all my breeder tanks and Also Frogbit...   I read it in a Discus breeding book and  it works for me, calms them down some..
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...