• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:51:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 275
Total: 277

Cloudy Saturday

Started by wsantia1, May 08, 2021, 10:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. We were supposed to get a whole bunch of rain starting yesterday afternoon through the overnight and as far as I'm concerned we didn't even get one drop. There was rain all around us but somehow it missed us.

Today we are supped to get showers until about 3pm and then the sun will come out. The high temp will only be 59 degrees.

I don't know if I mentioned the random headaches I've been getting for the last week, well today I couldn't take it anymore and took my butt to the urgent care. It turn out that I have a scratched cornea in my left eye.

It felt like I had something in my eye but whatever it was fell out and left behind a scratch. The doctor still doesn't know if that is the cause of my headache but I passed all of my neurological test that she performed. I am now waiting for the Walgreen's to fill my eye drop prescription. 

I am hanging out in the fish room for the time being. I had to remove my older female ram from the new ram tank because the boys were wearing her out and she was hiding all of yesterday. The are not bothering the young females yet. They may start soon now that I removed the more mature female.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Wow, Willie.  A scratched cornea?  At least it will heal with meds and time.  I sure hope it's the cause of your head aches. 

I used to have migraines.  This was when I worked like a crazy person and took on more than I could handle what with a full time goat dairy and a full time job 5 days a week.  I needed my real business so I could support my hobby.  I don't work as much now because of my back but everything I make that doesn't go to caring for all my pets goes to the fish.  Nothing has changed.  My passions rule me.  I don't even think that I have a left brain (the sensible half of the brain)

I spent a lot of time talking to ebay customers via email this morning.  I sent a parent raising pair plus 2 males and 1 female to him last Monday.  I told him that his was the last box I would send Priority because the Postal Service is no longer trust worthy with Priority.  Sure enough, his box that was supposed to have arrived Friday is lost in USPS hell.  At least he's pissed of with USPS and not with me.

Everyone questions the price of Priority Express.  I explain to them how things have changed with USPS shipping since a year ago.  I don't like having to ship Express but it's my only option.  Even with all that every auction I put on AB sells.  I know this won't last forever.  It's too unexpected and too wonderful to last.

After the customers and potential buyers I did the last of my cleome transplanting.   I moved a sunflower coming up in the yard to the round flower garden.  Other than that my 3 main flower gardens will consist mostly Cleome and Cannabis.  Oh well, I tried.  Next I had a nice mow to make me feel good and to make the joint more presentable.

I might mow a little more after lunch but it is not likely.  I have to save my back for tomorrow when I'll be cutting Styrofoam to make boxes.

Don't worry.  Be happy
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz!  Late today here.  Hope your eye and headaches get better soon Willie.  And Liz seems you have been very busy lately, I am thinking your back is better?  Don't overdue it all though.   Took my mom for lunch today and got her a nice plant.  Tomorrow I go see my daughter and son in law.  300 mi. trip.  Now I will go post a pic for Willie that I said I would.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Happy Mother's day to all of the mother's and mother like women everywhere. I hope you all have a great day.

I woke up to a cool day there with temps in the 40s but we will get up to 66 degrees this afternoon under sunny skies.

Depending on how windy it is I may work outside on the flower beds but if it's windy I have to leave that for another day because I can't afford to get any debris in my eye.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning folks.  It's another perfect day today but I have boxes to make.  I've taken care not to demand too much of my back for the past few days so I'm hoping all the hands and knees work won't screw me up.  I've been putting off getting down to it but it's after 9 already so I'm gonna get moving.

LizStreithorst

The thing about dreading a job is that once I get it done I think that wasn't bad at all. Yes, my back hurts but I'll be taking my afternoon pain meds in an hour.  In the mean time I'll feed the hens their daily treat while sitting enjoying the beautiful out of doors.

LizStreithorst

I guess it was worse than I thought.  My meds didn't help.  I went to the supermarket and came home to sit a bit before i cook Lunch/Dinner.