• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 12:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 323
Total: 323

Sunny Friday Morning

Started by wsantia1, May 07, 2021, 09:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is sunny and cool here with the temp at 61 degrees and headed towards 66+. Rain moves in this afternoon as showers arrive from the west at around 5PM.

I'll be cleaning out a couple of the tanks I emptied on Wednesday and then I will go food shopping.

While I am out I may go to a couple of nurseries to see what flowering plants they have  that I may want to put in the ground.

I've been anxious to do the planting but everyone around here was telling me to wait until after Mother's Day. Well that will be Monday. mim

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, also kind of cool here,  50's last night and only mid 60's today.  Seems cold after several days of heat and humidity.  I put down Mole Cricket poison on my lawn today, now I need rain to wash it into the soil   Sure hope it will work. Those bugs are monsters. Hope you get some nice plants for your yard.  I just remembered I need to take a pic of my front yard and house to show you.  Will do that later on, maybe today.  Have a good day,
Barb

LizStreithorst

Willie, I'm sure you'll have better luck at the nursery than I had.  The busy time for planting here is generally Good Friday and I wasn't ready then.

It's very pleasant here, too.  I kind of wanted to have a good mow, but the fish work was more important so I did that.  I switched 2 pairing tanks to holding tanks.  That involved moving fish, scrubbing the tanks, draining all the RO water from them and filling them up with aged tap.  Now I can put up 5 auctions a week instead of 3.  I think I've got the keeping track of who gets what figured out.

I made a Matten filter for the second shrimp tank in the grooming room out of 2 left over Matten filter pieces.  By today the silicone had cured and I put it in.  Now I can siphon out water when I do WC without worrying about sucking out baby shrimp.  I did a WC on those 2 tanks, too.  Then I gave both of those tanks a scrubbing and big WC.

Finally I went to the office and did a big WC on the 125 and the 30 snot tank in the office. 

I'd still like to get outside but I don't want to push it.  I've gotten a lot done.  My back feels pretty good.  I'll play outside tomorrow.  Sunday I have boxes to make ::)

Happy fish keeping friends!
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Liz I went to one nursery today and I walked out right away. All of the plants were drooping and no one was in sight to water anything.

There was only one person there and she was at th cash register. Needless to say the cash register was not busy. huh
Willie

LizStreithorst

Your nursery must be in a Lowes or something.  The one down the road from me grows their own annuals so the plants come first.  They are all on either drip irrigation of have automatic sprayers.  It's a family owned business and a very successful one.  It looks like business was good for them this year.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 07, 2021, 03:28:14 PM
Your nursery must be in a Lowes or something.  The one down the road from me grows their own annuals so the plants come first.  They are all on either drip irrigation of have automatic sprayers.  It's a family owned business and a very successful one.  It looks like business was good for them this year.

Yep, we have Lowes, HD and Walmart. The main nursery closed up this past winter after 50 years in town. They had everything and were very successful.

The founder died and the kids didn't want to take over so they cashed out and a new nursery that is popular in Maryland came in and took over. Their prices are outrageous.

I was at the Walmart today. They had hoses out but nobody was working in that area to water the plants. I have another couple of places to look over the weekend
Willie