• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 04:58:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 242
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

HMM an idea for hatching fry

Started by P4Angels2, September 11, 2013, 07:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels2

Last night Aron and I attended a GSAS meeting in which Ian Fuller from England was the guest speaker. He stated that he used alder cones in with his cory fry in order to keep them from fungusing over. Wondering if anyone else had ever heard of trying this and what are your thoughts of trying it on angelfish? Well we decided to experiment last night when we got home and put 4 cones in with a batch of eggs that had also been treated with peroxide. Well tonight we got to looking at the slate and wow so far there is not a single egg frosted over..... :D

Thoughts and comments???

ilroost

There was a big discussion about this on the last forum.
It was the first i ever heard of it

Mugwump

Yes, it works fairly well with eggs/fry...but be fore warned, it is not a substitute for good water management....used it in conjunction with your basic procedures, it'll produce stunning results.
We've used it with cory fry and liked it.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I had better luck with Methylene Blue and Acriflavine. With the Honduran Red Points and Bolivian Rams I didn't add anything to the water.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 11, 2013, 09:12:24 PM
I had better luck with Methylene Blue and Acriflavine. With the Honduran Red Points and Bolivian Rams I didn't add anything to the water.

I use both too, Bob.....with great results...the cones are nice for cory fry, when you remember to use them...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson