• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:29:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 361
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 354
Total: 354

Cold Saturday

Started by wsantia1, January 30, 2021, 09:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is sunny and cold here with the current temp at 29 degrees and headed to a high of 35 degrees. The wind is at 11 mph which is much lower than the last few days.

The area is bracing for a major snow event in the form of a Nor'easter. It's supposed to start tomorrow morning and leave by Monday evening or Tuesday morning.

Depending on whether this storm shifts by a few miles here or there we can get over 6 inches of snow or just icy rain. We haven't had a big snow event in a couple of years and in my opinion we don't handle it well.

I will go the store this morning to pick up enough comfort foods to last me over the next few days.

Everyone have a great day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Willie, cold here too,  no snow predicted here but west of us will be some.  This morning the ice on my waterfall rocks at the pond had a 1/2" thick coating of ice, lasted all day too.  YOu take care up north in the cold and snow, bet Kobe won't be out much or for long!  We will get just rain tomorrow, they say.  Could change though.  Let us know how it goes for you/
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on January 30, 2021, 07:00:10 PM
Hi Willie, cold here too,  no snow predicted here but west of us will be some.  This morning the ice on my waterfall rocks at the pond had a 1/2" thick coating of ice, lasted all day too.  YOu take care up north in the cold and snow, bet Kobe won't be out much or for long!  We will get just rain tomorrow, they say.  Could change though.  Let us know how it goes for you/
Barb

Hey Barb. Kobe loves the snow. He was born and lived for his first 4 years in Northern Illinois. When he sees snow he likes to roll around in it and then eat it. Now if it is icy he won't like that much. lol
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.