• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 06:23:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,320
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 315
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 357
Total: 357

Tuesday it is...!

Started by Ron Sower, January 26, 2021, 11:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

...what do you all have going on today?...we're in for a mostly cloudy day in the 50s here...

...I'm going to do aquarium maintenance on the office tank with Peacock Cichlids today...and trade some plants with another club member...

...that's all for now folks...hope you are all well and good to go today...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hey Ron and everyone. It's been a cold and misty/cloudy day here with the temp at 36 degrees which will be our high temp.

I took advantage of our lousy temps to get my water changes in and do some fishroom work. While working on that I noticed that I have plat angel wigglers in the 2.5 gallon tank.

None of these are albino which makes for a much higher survival rate for me. I also have another spawn of black rams from the same pair that originally spawned. Maybe this time I can raise a few.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi friends.  Sorry I missed yesterday.  I sent of 24 juvie PBRs yesterday.  They're going to Wisconsin where it's around 10 degrees.  There are 2 heat packs in the box so if they arrive by Thursday they will be fine.  A day later and they will freeze.  I've decide to ship express only in the winter.  The Postal Service has been less reliable lately.

A girl from Hattiesburg is coming to look at my Discus and perhaps buy 4 juvies from me.  I'll toss in a couple of guys who haven't grown as fast as the others so that she'll have 6 total.  Discus do better in groups of 6 or more.

I gave my kitchen a good deep clean this morning and re-arrange some things to make it look more pleasing to my eye.  Did gave the floor a good mopping.  It's been drizzly on and off for the past couple of days and the dogs have been tracking in their wet dirty paws.

Tonight or earlier if I can catch her I'm going to put Miss Chickie in the Chicken house.  I hate to do it, but she's really not an affectionate pet and she shits everywhere.   
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 26, 2021, 01:27:02 PM
Hi friends.  Sorry I missed yesterday.  I sent of 24 juvie PBRs yesterday.  They're going to Wisconsin where it's around 10 degrees.  There are 2 heat packs in the box so if they arrive by Thursday they will be fine.  A day later and they will freeze.  I've decide to ship express only in the winter.  The Postal Service has been less reliable lately.

A girl from Hattiesburg is coming to look at my Discus and perhaps buy 4 juvies from me.  I'll toss in a couple of guys who haven't grown as fast as the others so that she'll have 6 total.  Discus do better in groups of 6 or more.

I gave my kitchen a good deep clean this morning and re-arrange some things to make it look more pleasing to my eye.  Did gave the floor a good mopping.  It's been drizzly on and off for the past couple of days and the dogs have been tracking in their wet dirty paws.

Tonight or earlier if I can catch her I'm going to put Miss Chickie in the Chicken house.  I hate to do it, but she's really not an affectionate pet and she shits everywhere.

I've been waiting for a box from Brine Shrimp Direct and another box of sponges from an Amazon vendor for over 10 days and they are both delayed in the mail. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2021, 12:16:46 PM
Hey Ron and everyone. It's been a cold and misty/cloudy day here with the temp at 36 degrees which will be our high temp.

I took advantage of our lousy temps to get my water changes in and do some fishroom work. While working on that I noticed that I have plat angel wigglers in the 2.5 gallon tank.

None of these are albino which makes for a much higher survival rate for me. I also have another spawn of black rams from the same pair that originally spawned. Maybe this time I can raise a few.

Have a great day everyone.
...looks like you're on a roll!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 26, 2021, 01:27:02 PM

...I figured that would happen sooner or later... ;D  ...nothing like an unaffectionate shittin'-chicken to turn you off!... ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron