• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:47:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 512
Total: 512

Sterbai Cories Available

Started by TNT77, September 09, 2013, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilroost

Jon, is the silent auction table used for donations to the club?

Mugwump

Yes, sellers can donate a bag of fish, or whatever, to be sold....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

That's exactly the way it works at NADA.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 23, 2013, 04:38:58 PM
That's exactly the way it works at NADA.

It'd a nice way to give back to the club....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

Here the gsas takes a percent of everything sold at their auctions.  And even if a minimum bid to start is posted on the item auctioneer doesn't always follow.  We set a minimum bid for Angelfish and auctioneer sold them for like 3.00...

Mugwump

I can only imagine how quaintly Aron corrected the gentleman....LOL
Jon

P4Angels2

Oh he was not happy and still isn't. Sad thing is we had to leave trusted another member to take our fish if they didn't sell for minimum ...needless to say we haven't taken any other fish

Ron Sower

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 23, 2013, 12:57:56 PM
OKay.  Seems like they use these as fundraisers like our club does monthly auctions after the meetings!
I didn't mean that the swaps took part of the sales $$$ from each vendor.  That would be very hard to monitor.  I meant it is a monthly fundraiser from the table fees and admissions.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 23, 2013, 11:56:32 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on September 23, 2013, 12:57:56 PM
OKay.  Seems like they use these as fundraisers like our club does monthly auctions after the meetings!
I didn't mean that the swaps took part of the sales $$$ from each vendor.  That would be very hard to monitor.  I meant it is a monthly fundraiser from the table fees and admissions.

Yep...those big banquet hall rooms aren't cheap...they pay for the hall, and advertising, etc..then save what's left for more events and prizes, club picnics, etc...the swaps are great public exposure, lots of folks join right at the swaps...in May they hold a 4 day 'Cichlid Classic'..it's a huge event with trophy's and such....you have to make something to support all this and grow. We've had swaps with a few thousand people showing up...the 'Classic' uses major hotels for guests and participants...you just need to get, and keep, your name out there...advertise, hold events, attend other clubs functions, etc...
Jon

TNT77

I would like to donate something for the next swap for the silent auction. I'm either thinking some cories or some congo tetras.

Mugwump

They used to come around and ask if you had anything...now it's best to ask where it'll be when you check in.....I'm not sure if they even had one last Sunday???
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 25, 2013, 07:23:49 PM
They used to come around and ask if you had anything...now it's best to ask where it'll be when you check in.....I'm not sure if they even had one last Sunday???

They had one up front where you come in.  If I did not walk by it I would not have known.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Hmmm...they need to hype it more then....
Jon