• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 09:01:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

Just sharing a scamming post

Started by P4Angels2, September 08, 2013, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels2

Dear all, especially new members

Be wary and cautious when purchasing fishes via internet. Lately there's someone under the name Vergil's Yamato (which is a nickname)who tried to trick and also circulate photos of discus fish which belong to others and claiming that he has the fries of that fish without even giving us a solid proof that he have that fish or the fries itself. He then attempted to sell to unsuspecting customers.

When someone found out that he is using someone else's photo and began to question him, he deleted that photo, and now he has already deleted his facebook account it seemed. His attempt to con was thwarted. Hope someone could apprehend that culprit or if not, spread this news around. I do not have the photos however. Hope someone could repost the pics of fish that he posted to to refresh your memories.

Before purchasing, do ask around for recommendations. Look at their facebook profiles. If it's full of fish photos of their shipments and also their facebook profile is not a recently created in less then a year, then you are pretty safe.

Then again, do ask around for recommendations to be safe.

Yours,
Just a random discus friend.

b125killer

There was a so called fish breeder idiot in town that tried posting pics of fish that he didn't own and selling his sick ugly fish instead. He was called out on that quickly and took down his posts. It makes me sick when people do that.   
Scott

LizStreithorst

It happens a lot in Discus,  People who steal are the lowest of the low, and if you are a thief you are a liar as well.  Real Discus people know who is good and who is junk.  In my book anyone who steals is junk. These dishonest people lure in the new and unsuspecting.  I hate it, but there is nothing I can do about it. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on September 08, 2013, 10:30:41 PM
Dear all, especially new members

Be wary and cautious when purchasing fishes via internet. Lately there's someone under the name Vergil's Yamato (which is a nickname)who tried to trick and also circulate photos of discus fish which belong to others and claiming that he has the fries of that fish without even giving us a solid proof that he have that fish or the fries itself. He then attempted to sell to unsuspecting customers.

When someone found out that he is using someone else's photo and began to question him, he deleted that photo, and now he has already deleted his facebook account it seemed. His attempt to con was thwarted. Hope someone could apprehend that culprit or if not, spread this news around. I do not have the photos however. Hope someone could repost the pics of fish that he posted to to refresh your memories.

Before purchasing, do ask around for recommendations. Look at their facebook profiles. If it's full of fish photos of their shipments and also their facebook profile is not a recently created in less then a year, then you are pretty safe.

Then again, do ask around for recommendations to be safe.

Yours,
Just a random discus friend.

These nuts are doing it with angels too. They're usually caught, but sometimes snare a few victims first.....thanks for the heads up..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson