• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 07:09:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 272
Total: 272

Very Wet Thursday

Started by wsantia1, October 29, 2020, 06:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It is going to be raining all day long here. It is currently 54 degrees and will be going up to 64 degrees with all day rainfall. The winds will get up to 20 mph but they will be much stronger to the south of us.

I will likely be inside all day so I may just do some putzing in the fishroom.

Everyone have a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Morning Willie.  It rained hard last night but the winds were never that strong.  It has cooled off dramatically today.  The sun will be shining soon.  A nice breezy fall day...
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

It's been raining here all day and will be raining throughout the night.
Willie

Barb

Hi Willie and Liz, no rain here, just a whole lot of wind, 5 hrs. and still blowing.  Dark gray sky too.  Will be glad when Zeta is gone, you know I don't like big winds.  Been helping my mom today, she is needing more and more help from me. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

There is not a cloud in the sky here but it is too breezy to sit comfortably outside even in the sun.  And I was sweating yesterday.  It's as though a hurricane blows the old weather totally away and leaves different weather in it's wake.  Don't worry, Barb.  Trust me.  You will be fine.  You remind me of how my dogs act with thunder.  I can't reassure them, either.

I'm suddenly pumped.  I finally got a decent pic of a couple of my Dark Black Rams and posted an auction for a pair on AB.  The auction was only up for 3 hrs before it sold.  I asked a good high price for them, too!  The guy paid immediately and I'll ship Monday.  How cool is that?

This is only a big deal to me because due to past experiences shipping Discus and Angels I got really spooked about shipping.  I would only ship to friends for years.  These little soft bodied Rams are so easy.  They can be shipped in 2 ml bags which are easy peasy to tie air tight.  3 mil bags are hard for me to tie air tight.  It's probably something with my clumsy arthritic fingers.

wsantia1

The rain is getting ready to stop for the next few hours and Kobe and I will be happy. I take him for his last walk around 7:00pm. He usually runs into a friend or two while we are on that walk.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on October 29, 2020, 03:02:45 PM
Hi Willie and Liz, no rain here, just a whole lot of wind, 5 hrs. and still blowing.  Dark gray sky too.  Will be glad when Zeta is gone, you know I don't like big winds.  Been helping my mom today, she is needing more and more help from me. 
Barb
...going down that road again can't be easy, but your Mom is a very lucky gal!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

...Right after i posted yesterday that I didn't have anything to do since friends bailed on us, I got a call from a guy who wants me to set up a maintenance deal with a friend of his...so I met him at the client to get the layout, making sure water was available with a Python hose (I won't be doing any lifting), confirming what fish and where the tank will go, etc....the friend is going with her to purchase tank and ancillary equipment and will set it up with his Malawi Aulonocara that he breeds...I'll do maintenance twice monthly and have no extra costs but fish food (which I want to control for the good stuff)...I'm looking forward to this...did this to supplement my habit (aquarium-type) back in my late 20s while teaching at the college...exciting!...

...today was a lazy day...Lucy went off shopping (therapy), and I went to read at the pool and spa tub...had dinner from the food truck...they usually bring a different one in almost every thursday now...

...tonight I've been working up a shrimp trade with a young fellow that wants some blue shrimp... He bought a bunch from SDAquatica (BEWARE!) on AquaBid that were claimed to be Fire Red Neos and came in as orange...most likely culls...I'm going to trade some of my reds for them and see if they might be a good group to add to my recently acquired oranges...We'll meet and trade next Thursday...I'm hoping I can help him get some of his money's worth that way...

...nothing else much going on...see you here tomorrow...! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I bought mine from the same guy, Ron.  They did color up after they'd settled in for several days.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on October 30, 2020, 07:36:34 AM
I bought mine from the same guy, Ron.  They did color up after they'd settled in for several days.
...thank you, Liz...wehn we trade, and if they follow suite, I'll give some back to the guy...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron