• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:27:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 235
Total: 235

Ian Fuller - the catfish guy!

Started by Ron Sower, September 07, 2013, 12:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

I'm kinda jazzed...! Ian Fuller is here from the UK to speak to our Members Only GSAS meeting tonight!  And then Tuesday he will speak at our open club meeting.  We've reserved a much larger room for this meeting since it will attract a lot more visitors. I won't be able to make it to tonight's members only meeting...BUT.......

....I'm going to host him around town and natural areas tomorrow and Tuesday! He's quite a photographer and wants to see and photograph some natural areas.  I expect to be talking with him and his host for today later on today and nail down some specifics.

From our new president's announcement:
GSAS is absolutely thrilled to have Ian Fuller kick off our 2013-2014 season. Ian comes to us from the UK, where he has been keeping Corydoras catfish for nearly 40 years. To date, he has spawned more than 130 species, written many articles, published four books, and runs the successful website Corydoras World. He is also the current president of the Catfish Study Group. Ian will, of course, be speaking to GSAS on Corydoras catfish, specifically on how to breed them.

Anybody have any questions you'd like me to ask him about cory breeding?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Here's Ian and Capt'n Bob.....enjoy his talk, he's a remarkable guy.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

It's set now... We're going to Mt Rainier and check out the late blooming wildflowers and see the glaciers on the mountain top.  NO...! We will NOT be going TO the mountain top!  We will drive to about the 6700' level and then take a loop trail from and back to the visitor center and restaurant.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Sounds like a fun adventure....enjoy
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

You should ask Capt'n Bob to give a too...I don't know if he would want to play mountain goat tho...LOL
Jon