• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 12:42:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,318
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 218
Total: 219

Stuffed peppers

Started by Mugwump, September 03, 2013, 01:07:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The green peppers are coming in and I'm going to make up a batch of the stuffed peppers. I use a pretty simple recipe....anyone have a favorite that they use??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

nothing is easier than this recipe, but I don't know if you can getthe White Boudin sausage up north.  It's a Cagun sausage made with pork, liver, heart meat and rice.

Go to supermarket buy white bounin.  Come home stuff if in the sausage and pop in a 420 degree oven for 20 to 30 munites or until the peppers are the softness that pleases you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Thanks, Liz....I don't see it locally tho...sounds good.. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

The stuffed peppers have been in the slow cooker since this morning...sure smells good in here. I only made 8-9....It's for just the two of us  ;D
Jon

Mugwump

Stuffed peppers, corn on the cob.....I have to tell you, it was just as good as it smelled...awesome...now I'm the one stuffed.....LOL..pigged out  ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

So what did you stuff them with?  I've never done mine in the slow cooker, only in the oven.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Ground chuck/tomato sauce/rice/garlic/minced onion/pinch oregano/salt. pepper/couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce....stuff peppers and place in slow cooker, pour in V8 juice or tomato juice to almost cover.......turn it on high til simmer, then reduce to med/low and wait for that awesome cooking smell.... ;D...let it go til ready to eat... 
Jon