• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 02:50:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,312
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 261
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 307
Total: 308

Hello Saturday

Started by wsantia1, May 02, 2020, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Great coffee here to start the day and it looks like the weather will be even better. It is currently 55 degrees and it will be getting up to 70F. There is 0 precip and the winds will be light at 5 to 10 mph. A perfect weather day.

At the moment I am feeling pretty good and it is very tempting for me to go out and remove those horrible weeds from my flower bed but my mind tells me otherwise so only water changes and a couple of easy walks with Kobe are on my agenda.

I almost forgot that also have to move the plat fry into a 55 gallon grow out tank. They will be ready for pickup in about a week.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will try my best to stay out of trouble.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...good morning Willie and the rest of you as you get on here!...can't believe I'm at it this early!...

...little bit cooler today...starting at 79, going to 99, with current R of 14%...so, another sunny day here in the desert-land...

...going to receive some fish today...Fellow is bringing them around 9 or so...

...think I might do some more weeding in the yard later today...then go over my Powerpoint presentation for the Zoom meeting of SAS at 2 tomorrow...I usually don't get really nervous speaking to groups, but this is a little different since I won't see their faces and be able to read the crowd...so you might say that I'm a tad apprehensive about this first meeting online...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Morning, all.  I have 2 dogs coming at 10.  My business is coming back!  After that I'd love to have a good mow. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

It's time for WC and I did nothing but do the two dogs and make tabbuleh.  I made it from the mint and parsley from my own garden.  I was forced to use canned stewed tomatoes, but it was still good.

I haven't mowed.  I haven't gone to the nursery up the road for 2 more loads of mulch.  I opend up the chick pen for the chicks to venture into the whole wide world.  They were smarter than I thought.  They stayed close enough that I can herd them in once the sun goes down.  Some of them have figured already how to get back to their safe place. 

I should feel guilty about not getting more done, but I don't.  I enjoyed myself outside with other things.  It is so beautiful out and not to hot in the shady area I put my chicken house.

I wonder where Barb is.  I don't like it when all of us don't just check in.  (I give Dennis a pass)  She probably had another depressing day.  All she ever does any more is take care of old people.

Barb

Good afternoon Willie, Ron and Liz.  We are doing ok today, I am just kind of tired since I lost some sleep last night.  At 12:30am the phone rang, it was the ER where my neighbor was taken. The nurse said she was ready to go home.  I said, "Can't she wait until morning, I was in bed asleep".  Nope, she needed to go home now . They wanted her out and away from sick people. So I got up, dressed, picked her up at ER and took her home about 1am.  They had put her hip back in the socket, 7 hrs, there, and she is home.

But our daughter came for a short, masked visit today and it was good to see her. She brought Bill a new N95 mask that she was given at work.  We all wore masks and kept our distance. She is getting married in two weeks, she brought her wedding dress and put it on to show us since the wedding will be just her, her fiancĂ© and the lady marrying them by a waterfall up in the mountains.  This man is a keeper, she finally picked a good one. 
Barb

Barb

LOL Liz, yes I sure do a lot of elder care.  But thank goodness I have other things to do too.  Gardening, fish tank and pond work, house work, careful shopping, occasional drives (maybe the beach tomorrow), and I am even getting ready to learn how to watercolor paint.  I have the paints, need brushes and paper, and I already have several Utube tutorials saved to teach me.  All free!   |^|
Barb

LizStreithorst

I am glad to hear the good news about your daughter although I have my doubts about her marriages.  We will have to talk on the phone soon.

At least I feel better that you checked in.  Get to bed early tonight and try to have a good sleep.

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 02, 2020, 04:13:39 PM
Good afternoon Willie, Ron and Liz.  We are doing ok today, I am just kind of tired since I lost some sleep last night.  At 12:30am the phone rang, it was the ER where my neighbor was taken. The nurse said she was ready to go home.  I said, "Can't she wait until morning, I was in bed asleep".  Nope, she needed to go home now . They wanted her out and away from sick people. So I got up, dressed, picked her up at ER and took her home about 1am.  They had put her hip back in the socket, 7 hrs, there, and she is home.

But our daughter came for a short, masked visit today and it was good to see her. She brought Bill a new N95 mask that she was given at work.  We all wore masks and kept our distance. She is getting married in two weeks, she brought her wedding dress and put it on to show us since the wedding will be just her, her fiancĂ© and the lady marrying them by a waterfall up in the mountains.  This man is a keeper, she finally picked a good one. 
Barb

Hey Barb glad to hear you are OK. Make sure you make some time for yourself and get some rest. That's the only way you'll be able to do all of the good work for others that you do.
Willie

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 02, 2020, 06:39:56 AM
Good morning everyone. Great coffee here to start the day and it looks like the weather will be even better. It is currently 55 degrees and it will be getting up to 70F. There is 0 precip and the winds will be light at 5 to 10 mph. A perfect weather day.

At the moment I am feeling pretty good and it is very tempting for me to go out and remove those horrible weeds from my flower bed but my mind tells me otherwise so only water changes and a couple of easy walks with Kobe are on my agenda.

I almost forgot that also have to move the plat fry into a 55 gallon grow out tank. They will be ready for pickup in about a week.

I hope everyone has a great day and I will try my best to stay out of trouble.

Did all of my water changes and still feel good. I did not hurt anything for a change. I did not move the fry but tomorrow is another opportunity.
Willie

Ron Sower

...glad everyone is doing okay...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron