• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 09:26:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 257
Total: 258

Lighting for my 125 Rainbow fish tank

Started by LizStreithorst, April 30, 2020, 06:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I don't know if any of you guys can help or not.  My 125 is full of various strains of Rainbows.  Right now the sun is coming in through the window and the fish's scales abosolutely glisten in the sunlight.  But I'm rarely in the fish room in the evening to enjoy this spectical.  Is there some kind of lighting I can use to get this look when I'm spending more time in the room?  Right now I have 2 4' led strips.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KK6G8ZL?tag=petlifetoday-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...i'm playing around with some shop lights with the cichlid 125...ordered it from Amazon...it does pretty good...I may add one more for a little more light...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

I have lots of LED shop lights, maybe like Ron has, and got them all from WalMart.com  they have lots to choose from. Mine were $17 ea for a 4' one.  I also grow all my violets under them in my plant room.  They are very bright and make the colors all look great, both fish and plants.
Barb

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on May 01, 2020, 06:13:45 AM
I have lots of LED shop lights, maybe like Ron has, and got them all from WalMart.com  they have lots to choose from. Mine were $17 ea for a 4' one.  I also grow all my violets under them in my plant room.  They are very bright and make the colors all look great, both fish and plants.
Barb

Barb is this the one you are talking about?  It's $16.87.

Hyper Tough 4 Ft. Led Shop Light 3200 Lm
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I'm seriously considering this one.  If I hadn't bought so much mulch I could afford it.  But I'm going to keep buying mulch.  Even in the flower gardens I'm not going to get around to this year, it looks better than leaves and dirt which is what is there now.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...since I;'m not completely set on the lighting for the 125 cichlid tank, I may try one of those too...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron