• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 27, 2024, 08:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,313
  • Total Topics: 18,530
  • Online today: 388
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 259
Total: 259

Happy Easter

Started by wsantia1, April 12, 2020, 06:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Happy Easter everyone. I had great coffee to start the day and for now my back is tolerable. It is currently 43 degrees under sunny skies with a high temp of 71 degrees in the forecast. It will be breezy with with winds gusting from 10-15 MPH.

Today I am reminded of Easters of yesteryear when my mom would take the family to church (dad work join us later) and then we would hop on the subway from Brooklyn to the Bronx to visit my grandma who would always prepare Easter dinner.

It was great to see my cousins, aunts and uncles all in one place. Miss those days when everyone was still with us and it still brings a smile to my face when I think about it.  :) :) :)

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Those good memories of times past are so important now.  Glad you have them Willie and that your back is better today.  Take it real easy for awhile.
Here is a picture I put together yesterday to post on a FB African violet forum I am on.  The folks there really liked it so you all get to see it too. These are a few of my violet and strep collection, under LED lights, with a rabbit couple who wanted to be in it too!
Barb

Barb

Here is the other pic I posted on a different violet forum and it was liked too, so here you are!

LizStreithorst

Beautiful, Barb.

My back is feeling pretty good today too, Willie.

I have nothing to do but fun little piddly things today.  I'll be getting Barb's box ready to ship her shrimp tomorrow, doing WC on the office tanks, cleaning out the chick's brooder box (finally) and hauling the stuff to the compost pile.  I'll either tidy the house to keep it presentable or, if I feel like a bigger job, clean the fish room.  The only hard thing will be hauling that huge broder box back outside.  It isn't heavy but at 48" by 42" awkward and hard to maneuver out the back door.  Getting that done will make WC easier.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...Happy Easter folks...it''s 62 out now and going to 72 with sunny skies again...!

...Willie and Liz, glad the backs are better today...so's mine...woohoo!

...the flower arrangements are beautiful, Barb!...

...time to go get my cereal...back later...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 12, 2020, 07:29:19 AM
Here is the other pic I posted on a different violet forum and it was liked too, so here you are!

Very nice African Violets Barb.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...ended up ordering in pizza and playing cards with Stan and Barb last night...girls still ahead in game wins  :( ...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron