• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 29, 2024, 08:56:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,321
  • Total Topics: 18,532
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 331
Total: 331

Proud of myself

Started by LizStreithorst, April 03, 2020, 04:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I know it looks like nothing impressive, but I'm old and bent and my back is falling apart so it was more difficult for me than it looks like it should have been.  I wanted so much to be able to plant today, but it's not good to transplant stuff in the middle of the day.  I put the sprinker on instead, and will let it run until bed time.  I'll plant the stuff you see in pots (veggies) and the stuff in container (herbs) early tomorrow.  My dirt is not perfect but I did all I could to make it right.  The stuff I plant needs to be tough.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

another

LizStreithorst

just one more

Barb

It looks great Liz!!!  I know that was a lot of hard work for you. What all are you planting in there?  How about taking a pic of it once a month to show us how it grows? Put them in this thread.
Barb

Barb

Now that is some excellent looking soil!  I bet you will grown some wonderful stuff in there!
Barb |^|

LizStreithorst

Thanks Barb.  I'm planting 3 lovely pot plants, 2 or 3 different varities of peppers and 'maters.  In the other garden I'll plant the herbs I most like (herbs have so much more flavor when fresh than when dried.  I have a young rosemary, a youngish Italian parsley, thyme, and basil.  The garlic you see is not happy in it's container.  I'm thinking about taking it out of it's container in one piece and stick the whole thing at the same time.  I'm not sure about that.

I'll try to remember to take a pic on the first of every months.  I'm hoping for success but I know that my soil has not yet matured to become good garden soil despite what you say. I don't expect my veggies will do as well this year as they will next year.  I need to dig in more organic matter.  What I need is chicken house cleanings, but my 4 hens roost outside so the chicken house is clean.

I have some fish food my fish and I don't like.  I may through it on the new compost heap.  It's full of protein so I can't see why it would be bad.  What do you think?

Ron Sower

...just looking at the pics makes my feet, knees, back and shoulder hurt!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My only part that hurts is my back, but it hurts regardless.  After I plant, I will take it easy for the next couple of days and I'll be fine.  It's helps my mood to get a little project done, and when my mood is good it also helps with the pain.  Thank god I have drugs to mask the worst of it.

Barb

Liz, definitely put fishfood in the garden.  You know what I am doing now?  I am big on composting, as you know.  I make a ton of good soil here with all my yard trimmings, even weeds I pull, a ton of kitchen scraps, paper, cardboard, deceased fish, old food, and you should see my soil.  Now I am burying stuff right into my flower and shrub beds, amongst the plants. Things decompose fast in the heat here.  So, put all sorts of stuff right into your soil amongst your plants I say.
Barb

LizStreithorst

That's a good idea, Barb, 

wsantia1

Quote from: Barb on April 03, 2020, 04:12:38 PM
Now that is some excellent looking soil!  I bet you will grown some wonderful stuff in there!
Barb |^|

+1 I agree with Barb. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 04, 2020, 09:52:41 AM
Quote from: Barb on April 03, 2020, 04:12:38 PM
Barb |^|

+1 I agree with Barb. |^| |^| |^|
...me too! +1  |^| |^| |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Now that I dug and put the plants in it looked better that I thought.  It will be better yet next year.

Babers

That's a lot of work Liz. I'm impressed. |^|
Joel

LizStreithorst

Thanks, Joel.  It would have easy for a big strong man or even and small strong woman, but since I'm a little old lady it was hard for me.

I got everything planted and mulched and have all the leaves for the compost pile move but one (I hope) more garden cart load.  I ran the sprinkler for several hours before WC, but then I stopped.  Filling huge water storage containers with big amounts of water, the sprinkler and the RO unit don't get along well together.  I'll take pics tomorrow.  It looks nice.