• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

April 28, 2024, 08:02:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,315
  • Total Topics: 18,531
  • Online today: 250
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

Hello Wednesday/April Fool's Day

Started by wsantia1, April 01, 2020, 09:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning all. It's April Fool's Day and Hump Day Wednesday and I hope everyone's day is off to a good start. So far all is good here.

It is currently a cloudy 48 degrees but the sun is supposed to come out this afternoon and move the temp up to 53F. That's still cooler than I would like.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I looked at my RO unit but hooking up the TDS meter is still confusing to me.  I'll look at it again later after I wack in some fence posts.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Posts are in.  Old body hurts.  Lunch now.  Hopefully more energy to put up the fencing afterward.  RO unit can wait frustrates the hell out of me but I want the TDS meter.  I just expected the instructions to be better.  Maybe Google can help.

Babers

Hi Liz. I was looking at the link you posted and didn't see the instruction for the tds. Not sure how your tds unit look like. But I found this in YouTube.

https://youtu.be/u6c7ZCWteQ4
Joel

LizStreithorst

Thanks Joel.  I've looked at many of them now.  My unit looks different from that and to me it seems that they are telling me to do differently from the instructions that came with the damn thing, so I'm more lost now than I was.  Have you ever done this?  If I posted pics do you think you could walk me through it?

I'm through with fencing for the day.  I took my noon pain drugs and I don't hurt like I did but I don't want to push it.  My unit was priced great and had 4 stars but they did make some mistakes putting the unit itself together.  One of the 2 holes on the housing for mounting the unit on the wall is blocked by the water pressure meter.  I was able to work around that mistake by myself at least.  My feeling is that this is a small mom and pop operation and is a new company at that.  It's what I get for looking for a good price.  I should have sprung for the one from Bulk Reef Supply.

Ron Sower

...hello Wednesday Warriors...Sorry you're having so much trouble with you're system, Liz...I hope you get it done alright...

...weather here is really nice today...80 right now and almost at the high of 81 with light clouds...

...Our new editor for our very first club newsletter had a meltdown over and article editing she did and the way the author handled it...she quit...but I called her and we had a long chat...I learned a lot from that conversation...first and foremost was that she has a very prominent anxiety disorder. and was having a panic attack..She had taken 2 of her anxiety pills just to take my phone call...she's 18! ...I really have compassion for her...   anyway, I let her get as much said as she could...not that I could get a word in...but I was patient...I want her to continue as the editor (she's the 3rd one I've tried to get going on it), because she is really creative and has put together a wonderful first edition, in my opinion...

...final result...she's going to stay on and I will work with her on the personal interfacing and some ideas when necessary... |^|
|eat| |eat|
...today? ...I might get started  n the hardscape... it's time for lunch now...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I called the company and had them walk me through it.  No wonder I was confused.  The way he told me to do it was different from what the instructions said.  He said it would work both ways but it was better to measure my incoming water's TDS right after the first 3 stages in stead of as it was coming out of the tap. 

My work isn't beautiful.  My work never is but nothing leaks, the measurements say what they should say and that's all I care about for now.  I think I'll rest for an hour before I do my daily WC.  I'll make it more beautiful when it my sloppy looking work starts to bug me.

I'm glad that you found out what was up with the editor, Ron and that she agreed to continue on.  Good job.

Barb

Hi all, just here to say that.  It has been a long tiresome day, I am ready for some r&r now.  With Bill as he is I am always glad when he is washed and ready for sleep in his sleep chair about 10pm.  Then I know he is OK for about 8-9 hrs. until morning.  I am thankful for nights.  No nasty cat last night thank goodness.  Maybe it has moved on..
Barb

LizStreithorst

hI back, Barb even if we did just get off the phone together.  I know you were going through hard times before, but it's even worse now that you can't get out.  At last that blasted cat is gone.